L8U’s Kevin Faulk involved in scuffle after the aTm game

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Looks an awful lot like L8U instigated the action from the video clips I've seen. There were probably thousands of cameras rolling at this point just after the game, so I suspect we'll know soon enough.

Pilot172000

1st Team
Sep 25, 2017
Winnsboro, LA
I met Kevin Faulk when I was a 12 year old kid and he was an All-American at LSU. He played football with a bunch of us young boys for a couple of hours. I got nothing but respect for the guy, he was true class. If he jumped on somebody, then the guy deserved it.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I met Kevin Faulk when I was a 12 year old kid and he was an All-American at LSU. He played football with a bunch of us young boys for a couple of hours. I got nothing but respect for the guy, he was true class. If he jumped on somebody, then the guy deserved it.
i'm not sure that meeting a high level football player as a kid for a couple of hours gives you the kind of insight into a person's character to make a blanket statement like this.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I am not sure what happened, but if aTm players and coaches were taunting LSU players and coaches after that game, then those players and coaches deserved whatever happened next.

When Mullen was being interviewed on the field after their win @ FSU this weekend he noticed that some Gators were trying to plant the Florida flag in the center of the field. He stopped the interview to intervene. He was not going to let his players disrespect their opponent. Maybe Jimbo should have paid a little more attention to what his players and coaches were doing.

Celebrating after a huge win over a rival is an awesome feeling, but show some class.

Pilot172000

1st Team
Sep 25, 2017
Winnsboro, LA
i'm not sure that meeting a high level football player as a kid for a couple of hours gives you the kind of insight into a person's character to make a blanket statement like this.
Actually, there is more to the story but I felt it more appropriate to keep some things private. The guys is class. Blanket statements seem to be common place on this board as well as many others but whatever s good for the goose.... Your insight to his moral character is obvious flawless on the matter.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Probably better if you just backed this up with some more information as opposed to being kind of snotty about it?
Actually, there is more to the story but I felt it more appropriate to keep some things private. The guys is class. Blanket statements seem to be common place on this board as well as many others but whatever s good for the goose.... Your insight to his moral character is obvious flawless on the matter.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
And the other guy wasn't snotty? Its probably best I just quit posting on the matter. Nothing good would come of it.
It's cool. You clearly had a great interaction with him. I know nothing about him, but I don't blame you for defending someone who treated you well. No details necessary.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Not true..all posts (within the rules) are accepted, welcomed and often commented on. We're all here to share things that we find and discuss them. Sometimes even enlighten others. There's nothing wrong with your post...I just thought that you should/could back it up a bit. RTR!!!
And the other guy wasn't snotty? Its probably best I just quit posting on the matter. Nothing good would come of it.

Pilot172000

1st Team
Sep 25, 2017
Winnsboro, LA
Not true..all posts (within the rules) are accepted, welcomed and often commented on. We're all here to share things that we find and discuss them. Sometimes even enlighten others. There's nothing wrong with your post...I just thought that you should/could back it up a bit. RTR!!!
You are right. Its really got nothing to do with me or Bama so RTR.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
my apologies for the flip response pilot.

back to the topic of the post, i did get a kick out of this article from kyallie's news thread about this incident.

Ranking the incredible LSU-A&M fight photo’s top 8 characters

3. That dude’s face. This is the face of a man who last fought someone as a child. He is now realizing exactly how long ago that was, thinking about how much bigger and stronger adults are than children.

“This would be easier,” he thought, “If I were fighting children. Preferably 53-year-old children, if that is a thing.”

This is the face of, “I really thought I would be better at fighting than this and am dealing with this new information in real time.”

This is the face of someone realizing that the perfect roundhouse punch he believed he could just learn through osmosis did not take despite repeated purchases and viewings of pay-per-view MMA events.

He is thinking about how — despite every dude’s suspicions that they are a basically trained cage fighter seconds away from springing into action when it’s go time — he is not, in fact, a trained cage fighter. Some part of him is surprised by this, because the male brain is deeply, deeply stupid like that.

Last edited:

Pilot172000

1st Team
Sep 25, 2017
Winnsboro, LA
The best and worst thing to happen to LSU is A&M. They always recruit over there and its a far more natural rivalry than Arkansas ever was but until now its been a one sided event. LSU has always focused on us or Auburn but now with Jimbo in College Station their priorities are about to change. This rivalry needed a kick start and that game did that. Jimbo hurt LSU far worse than he hurt us and its gonna be fun watching them bleed each other out.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Definitely something I figured. The Jimbo Fisher movement into the SEC West will be a competitive factor for Alabama but it is competitive and recruiting factor for LSU. They getting attacked on two fronts by Fisher's TAMU and it could very will send LSU into a 1980s/1990s type doldrum period.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
All I know is what’s in the articles linked in this thread.

If (big two letters) that’s the whole story, then I think Faulk did the right thing.

Even if the kid didn’t know about the Parkinson’s and the pacemaker (and I’m sure he didn’t), he still punched a middle-aged man who was telling a yapping idiot to move along. While on the sideline as a guest. While wearing aTm credentials. While being the nephew of the $7M a year face of the University.

As Crimsonaudio often says, play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

If some new information comes to light, I might change. But for now, that’s how I see it.

Last edited:

Jkl0802

1st Team
Apr 9, 2015
Stuttgart, Germany
I’m so sick of this “thuggish” behavior...the NCAA should take an approach to fighting, similar to the way College hockey addresses this issue - just ban fighting. You just only need to punish enough to never see it happen. What does it take; several games, the rest of the season, no more college ball? We can get rid of fighting in college football games...the NCAA just needs to have the wasta to implement rules that state clearly that if you fight you are finished playing football in college...or coaching football in college (full stop).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.