Which of these is more fun?

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
- Being first D1 team in 100+ years to beat regular season opponents by 20+ points
- Humiliating the awbies...again
- Watching the beginning (?) of the Malzahn Meltdown in West Opelika
- Watching continued complete ineptness in the house that phatty phil built

For me? These are all quite fun but us winning is always more satisfying than reveling in the prolonged misery of those who tried to destroy us. Our winning makes them more neurotic than anything else ever could. Hearing my awbie friends succumb to the “It’s only a game” mantra is ... AUSOME! :D

RTR!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Making history. This year could be the greatest accomplishment by a team that is part of the greatest dynasty in the history of modern sports. Records will be set that will probably stand for decades if they are not broken by next year's Crimson Tide. :biggrin2: We outscored our opponents by 423 points, that's a 35.2 pt/game average! What a glorious time to be a Bama fan.

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
- Being first D1 team in 100+ years to beat regular season opponents by 20+ points

For me? These are all quite fun but us winning is always more satisfying than reveling in the prolonged misery of those who tried to destroy us. Our winning makes them more neurotic than anything else ever could. Hearing my awbie friends succumb to the “It’s only a game” mantra is ... AUSOME! :D

RTR!

For me it was this: Being first D1 team in 100+ years to beat regular season opponents by 20+ points.

Bama has dominated its opponents like nobody has done before. That's what counts to me the most, watching Bama play great football. That's more important to me than watching our rivals suffer. I'm a Bama fan because I love Bama football, not because I hate any other program. That Bama is 12-0 for the 4th time under Coach Saban, and that not a single team has really been a challenge, is just amazing. This has been an epic season so far.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

RTR!

Winning is always tops, but the confluence of all these sure is savory!

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Who would have ever thought that a CNS led team would set an offensive record...and particularly through the air??? His genius is that he is willing to change to get better.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
I saw on ESPN yesterday that we were the third team to beat all opponents by 20+ points. I don't have a link or anything, but I thought it was odd because that wasn't what was originally reported.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I saw on ESPN yesterday that we were the third team to beat all opponents by 20+ points. I don't have a link or anything, but I thought it was odd because that wasn't what was originally reported.
Yeah, they were wrong.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
Why must we choose one? They're all worthy of much fun and satisfaction. Choosing only one is like choosing between the brunette, the blonde, and the red head.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Why must we choose one? They're all worthy of much fun and satisfaction. Choosing only one is like choosing between the brunette, the blonde, and the red head.
Good point. I'm reveling in the debauchery of enjoying them all at the same time.

CoachInWaiting

3rd Team
Nov 27, 2017
All of the above, but first and foremost is being 12-0 and having an opportunity to be 15-0 at the end. However, the task at hand is Job 1, and that is to win the SECCG. As much fun as it is to collect National Championships, winning the SEC is still a huge deal. The ones we have missed on during the Saban era have really hurt, even though 2 of the 5 NC's came without benefit of an SEC Championship.

Had Alabama pulled off the 2008 SECCG against UF, that BCS title game would have been like taking candy from a baby (as it was for UF). 2013 and last year were there for the taking and just didn't happen. While last year worked out, a little better luck in 2013 could have added more hardware to the trophy cases as well. As epic as the past dozen years have been, it is truly incredible to imagine all the other times that the brass ring was almost in the grasp of the Tide. If it had happened even a couple of other times, the talking heads of sports media would be inconsolable. :biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

Last edited:

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
All of the above, but first and foremost is being 12-0 and having an opportunity to be 15-0 at the end. However, the task at hand is Job 1, and that is to win the SECCG. As much fun as it is to collect National Championships, winning the SEC is still a huge deal. The ones we have missed on during the Saban era have really hurt, even though 2 of the 5 NC's came without benefit of an SEC Championship.

Had Alabama pulled off the 2008 SECCG against UF, that BCS title game would have been like taking candy from a baby (as it was for UF). 2013 and last year were there for the taking and just didn't happen. While last year worked out, a little better luck in 2013 could have added more hardware to the trophy cases as well. As epic as the past dozen years have been, it is truly incredible to imagine all the other times that the brass ring was almost in the grasp of the Tide. If it had happened even a couple of other times, the talking heads of sports media would be inconsolable. :biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:
Like Mr Oklahoma, Skip Bayless.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.