Tension escalates after Russia seizes Ukraine naval ships - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Tidewater's Avatar

Re: Tension escalates after Russia seizes Ukraine naval ships

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    that was all in the video in the link I posted, nearly word for word.
    It only counts if I say it.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Displaced Bama Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by uafanataum View Post
    Well based upon Trumps response to previous Russian actions, and to the Saudi assasination, I think Russia may just be able to take over the entire Ukranian navy without American interference.
    He was a Saudi journalist which is the only reason it garnered attention. He's not an American citizen. More people get killed by their government every day and there's nary a peep. This is a Saudi/Turkey issue, not an American one. It has very few ramifications on the US whether we intervene on the murder or not. SMH. I'm still not convinced the Crown Prince ordered it but maybe one of those pushed out did in an attempt to make him look bad. I could be wrong but we'll have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by twofbyc View Post
    All these “patriots “ who support Trump need to open their eyes. Trump is a gutless coward who’d rather pick fights with poor Central American “refugees” than stand up to Russia, China or the House of Saud.
    Saudis butcher legal American residents, China is taking control of the South China Sea and Russia is doing basically whatever they want. And Trump does nothing.
    You (Trump supporters) should be proud of yourselves; your “leader” exemplifies everything that you are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So Russia is meddling in the Ukraine because they can't let go of the past and the US is some how supposed to stop it? At what cost? I'm just curious exactly what you expect the response to be?

Quote Originally Posted by uafanataum View Post
    He could release a statement condemning the actions ( which is within his constitutionally granted power). Then he could request congress use their constitutionally granted power to allow him to retaliate against the Russians. If he goes about it the right way then democrats will have no reason to criticize him. However, the past few presidents have not done this, and he is worse than any of them, so I doubt it will happen.
    Agreed he could. Putin would laugh at the condemnation with utter distain too. He's still laughing at us for obviously not learning from the Soviets and their invasion of Afghanistan and it bankrupting our country as it did theirs.

BamaNation Hall of Fame seebell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tidewater View Post
    It only counts if I say it.
    Audi unavocemagna
    Tidewater id nomen deitatis

BamaNation Hall of Fame MattinBama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Displaced Bama Fan View Post
    He was a Saudi journalist which is the only reason it garnered attention. He's not an American citizen.
    Not a citizen but he was a US resident and worked for a US company.

Trump is also considering sacrificing another US resident for torture and death just to get Turkey to stop investigating.

Quote Originally Posted by MattinBama View Post

Trump is also considering sacrificing another US resident for torture and death just to get Turkey to stop investigating.
    the same one that is should be pointed out that his disgraced national security advisory (best people!!) was being paid to kidnap.
    "There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

the same one that is should be pointed out that his disgraced national security advisory (best people!!) was being paid to kidnap.
    If only the media had told us such important information.

And? Being a resident alien doesn't mean we investigate his murder outside of our borders.

Quote Originally Posted by Displaced Bama Fan View Post
    And? Being a resident alien doesn't mean we investigate his murder outside of our borders.
    Your post was disingenious in attempting to act like he had zero connection to the US.

that was all in the video in the link I posted, nearly word for word. Do you even bother to check sources?
    Whoops......you are so right, Jon. Sorry about that. I should have clicked on it before posting. Especially because it was from BBC - they always do a great job with their news reporting.

Thanks for the info and interesting thread.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Tension escalates after Russia seizes Ukraine naval ships

Your post was disingenious in attempting to act like he had zero connection to the US.
    A legal resident, employed by the Washington Post as a journalist - and let’s get real, it wasn’t murder it was a butchering which I’m sure Trumpers are fine with - who criticized his country’s leader (which, again, I’m sure just tickles Trumpers pink cuz he got what he deserved); nah, nothing to see here.
    Now foreign leaders know that if they’re rich, they can do whatever they want.
    Putin says hi.

The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

Quote Originally Posted by twofbyc View Post
    A legal resident, employed by the Washington Post as a journalist - and let’s get real, it wasn’t murder it was a butchering which I’m sure Trumpers are fine with - who criticized his country’s leader (which, again, I’m sure just tickles Trumpers pink cuz he got what he deserved); nah, nothing to see here.
    Now foreign leaders know that if they’re rich, they can do whatever they want.
    Putin says hi.

So he was employed by a US company. Did it occur in the US? Was he a US citizen? Yeah, he was butchered...he was tortured. The Saudi POS who did should be shot or worse. However, his employment doesn't make this a US issue. His residence doesn't make this a US issue. Cry all you want about him being a "resident." He wasn't a citizen and it didn't occur on US soil or as an emissary in US govt. employment (that we know of). So at that point, other than filing a grievance with the UN or whatever international body it should be filed with, we're out.

How many Mexican nationals who reside in the US are killed annually returning to Mexico and are reported on nationally and there is a public outcry or expectation that the US government intervene into Mexico's investigation or prosecution? My guess is not much if any.

What about other foreign nationals who reside in the US and are killed returning to their home country or travelling to another? Is there as much outcry or was it specifically because he was in employment of the Post? I'm out.