Tension escalates after Russia seizes Ukraine naval ships

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Russia will keep doing this, much like China. When there are no consequences for bully's....

But this is a trap scenario. So many don't want another war/conflict which is completely understandable. But the whole time Russia will go unchecked because NATO is the biggest waste of humanities time ever, and Europe seems not to care.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Well based upon Trumps response to previous Russian actions, and to the Saudi assasination, I think Russia may just be able to take over the entire Ukranian navy without American interference.

twofbyc

Suspended
Oct 14, 2009
All these “patriots “ who support Trump need to open their eyes. Trump is a gutless coward who’d rather pick fights with poor Central American “refugees” than stand up to Russia, China or the House of Saud.
Saudis butcher legal American residents, China is taking control of the South China Sea and Russia is doing basically whatever they want. And Trump does nothing.
You (Trump supporters) should be proud of yourselves; your “leader” exemplifies everything that you are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
All these “patriots “ who support Trump need to open their eyes. Trump is a gutless coward who’d rather pick fights with poor Central American “refugees” than stand up to Russia, China or the House of Saud.
Saudis butcher legal American residents, China is taking control of the South China Sea and Russia is doing basically whatever they want. And Trump does nothing.
You (Trump supporters) should be proud of yourselves; your “leader” exemplifies everything that you are.

As always, the HOTTEST of takes. MUY CALIENTE

50% sad 50% ridiculous 100% idiotic. Two shouldn't get all the fun with insults

Last edited:

Valley View

3rd Team
Nov 7, 2016
Williamson County, TN
If Trump came out in favor of military action against anybody the lefties would scream bloody murder. The gutless cowards are the ones who wait until Trump makes any decision and then cry and whine about it. Grow up!

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
If Trump came out in favor of military action against anybody the lefties would scream bloody murder. The gutless cowards are the ones who wait until Trump makes any decision and then cry and whine about it. Grow up!
He could release a statement condemning the actions ( which is within his constitutionally granted power). Then he could request congress use their constitutionally granted power to allow him to retaliate against the Russians. If he goes about it the right way then democrats will have no reason to criticize him. However, the past few presidents have not done this, and he is worse than any of them, so I doubt it will happen.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
After Russia annexed Crimea, they built a bridge connecting Crimea with the Russia proper.
Russia conducts "safety inspections" of ships that are sailing under the bridge, including Ukrainian ships. This is completely normal, given how important that bridge is to the Russians. Some of these "safety inspections" take over 24 hours, which amounts to harassment.
The major port for Ukrainian steel exports is Mariupol and ships carrying steel from Mariupol to the outside world must pass under that bridge. Blocking that passage is yet another violation of treaty.

Russia has been moving ships from the Caspian and from the Pacific to the Kerch Straits since at least June and 18 November, so this escalation of tensions looks premeditated.

What should the U.S. do about it? Lodge a protest and tell the Russians to cool their jets. Beyond that, not sure. We already have major sanctions in place against Russia.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
After Russia annexed Crimea, they built a bridge connecting Crimea with the Russia proper.
Russia conducts "safety inspections" of ships that are sailing under the bridge, including Ukrainian ships. This is completely normal, given how important that bridge is to the Russians. Some of these "safety inspections" take over 24 hours, which amounts to harassment.
The major port for Ukrainian steel exports is Mariupol and ships carrying steel from Mariupol to the outside world must pass under that bridge. Blocking that passage is yet another violation of treaty.

Russia has been moving ships from the Caspian and from the Pacific to the Kerch Straits since at least June and 18 November, so this escalation of tensions looks premeditated.

What should the U.S. do about it? Lodge a protest and tell the Russians to cool their jets. Beyond that, not sure. We already have major sanctions in place against Russia.
Thank you for this information, TW.

I wonder why we have to rely on you to get these facts, instead of hearing it from our media?

^^^Rhetorical question....no need to answer^^^

Last edited:

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I wonder why we have to reply on you to get these facts, instead of hearing it from our media?

You can find stories about all of that information from the media sources you complain about. Perhaps you should spend more time looking things up for yourself instead of waiting to be spoonfed everything? Especially since the spoonfeeders keep letting you down.

Rhetorical answer....no need to question.

Another piece of information you can thank for is that Trump has refused to enforce/install further sanctions repeatedly despite them being passed by Congress. Perhaps without a personal underling in the White House Putin would be a little more hesitant to bully his neighbors. The sanctions against Russia and its oligarchs have been a deterrent and thorn in Putin's side. It's one of the big reasons he was so active in his 2016 election efforts. There's some free information picked up from the media that you supposedly can't hear anything from.

twofbyc

Suspended
Oct 14, 2009
Please. Trump is a coward, and the Congresswoman from Hawaii could have included Putin with the Saudis in her statement about Trump being their female dog.
All he cares about is money (as obviously you do too), so why don’t you take all that money Trump is putting in your pocket and buy a brain, because the one you have fails the thinking test.

twofbyc

Suspended
Oct 14, 2009

There are more sanctions that could be put in place, and it would increase tensions, but Putin knows weakness when he sees it.
IIRC those sanctions came from Congress, and Trump was reluctant to implement them (aren’t there still some he hasn’t implemented yet? Maybe he implemented them all - hard to keep up with the circus that is the Tweetle in Chief.)

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Thank you for this information, TW.

I wonder why we have to reply on you to get these facts, instead of hearing it from our media?

that was all in the video in the link I posted, nearly word for word. Do you even bother to check sources?

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Well based upon Trumps response to previous Russian actions, and to the Saudi assasination, I think Russia may just be able to take over the entire Ukranian navy without American interference.
He was a Saudi journalist which is the only reason it garnered attention. He's not an American citizen. More people get killed by their government every day and there's nary a peep. This is a Saudi/Turkey issue, not an American one. It has very few ramifications on the US whether we intervene on the murder or not. SMH. I'm still not convinced the Crown Prince ordered it but maybe one of those pushed out did in an attempt to make him look bad. I could be wrong but we'll have to wait and see.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

So Russia is meddling in the Ukraine because they can't let go of the past and the US is some how supposed to stop it? At what cost? I'm just curious exactly what you expect the response to be?

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
He could release a statement condemning the actions ( which is within his constitutionally granted power). Then he could request congress use their constitutionally granted power to allow him to retaliate against the Russians. If he goes about it the right way then democrats will have no reason to criticize him. However, the past few presidents have not done this, and he is worse than any of them, so I doubt it will happen.
Agreed he could. Putin would laugh at the condemnation with utter distain too. He's still laughing at us for obviously not learning from the Soviets and their invasion of Afghanistan and it bankrupting our country as it did theirs.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
He was a Saudi journalist which is the only reason it garnered attention. He's not an American citizen.
Not a citizen but he was a US resident and worked for a US company.

Trump is also considering sacrificing another US resident for torture and death just to get Turkey to stop investigating.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Not a citizen but he was a US resident and worked for a US company.

Trump is also considering sacrificing another US resident for torture and death just to get Turkey to stop investigating.
the same one that is should be pointed out that his disgraced national security advisory (best people!!) was being paid to kidnap.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.