Tension escalates after Russia seizes Ukraine naval ships

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
the same one that is should be pointed out that his disgraced national security advisory (best people!!) was being paid to kidnap.
If only the media had told us such important information.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
that was all in the video in the link I posted, nearly word for word. Do you even bother to check sources?
Whoops......you are so right, Jon. Sorry about that. I should have clicked on it before posting. Especially because it was from BBC - they always do a great job with their news reporting.

Thanks for the info and interesting thread.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Your post was disingenious in attempting to act like he had zero connection to the US.
A legal resident, employed by the Washington Post as a journalist - and let’s get real, it wasn’t murder it was a butchering which I’m sure Trumpers are fine with - who criticized his country’s leader (which, again, I’m sure just tickles Trumpers pink cuz he got what he deserved); nah, nothing to see here.
Now foreign leaders know that if they’re rich, they can do whatever they want.
Putin says hi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
A legal resident, employed by the Washington Post as a journalist - and let’s get real, it wasn’t murder it was a butchering which I’m sure Trumpers are fine with - who criticized his country’s leader (which, again, I’m sure just tickles Trumpers pink cuz he got what he deserved); nah, nothing to see here.
Now foreign leaders know that if they’re rich, they can do whatever they want.
Putin says hi.

So he was employed by a US company. Did it occur in the US? Was he a US citizen? Yeah, he was butchered...he was tortured. The Saudi POS who did should be shot or worse. However, his employment doesn't make this a US issue. His residence doesn't make this a US issue. Cry all you want about him being a "resident." He wasn't a citizen and it didn't occur on US soil or as an emissary in US govt. employment (that we know of). So at that point, other than filing a grievance with the UN or whatever international body it should be filed with, we're out.

How many Mexican nationals who reside in the US are killed annually returning to Mexico and are reported on nationally and there is a public outcry or expectation that the US government intervene into Mexico's investigation or prosecution? My guess is not much if any.

What about other foreign nationals who reside in the US and are killed returning to their home country or travelling to another? Is there as much outcry or was it specifically because he was in employment of the Post? I'm out.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Agreed he could. Putin would laugh at the condemnation with utter distain too. He's still laughing at us for obviously not learning from the Soviets and their invasion of Afghanistan and it bankrupting our country as it did theirs.
I was pointing out steps he could take without getting too much backlash from the left. If he does not take military action without Congressional approval then they would not have much reason to criticize him. As the top ambassador of the United States he has the right to release official U.S. statements on world events but he cannot take action without Congress.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
So he was employed by a US company. Did it occur in the US? Was he a US citizen? Yeah, he was butchered...he was tortured. The Saudi POS who did should be shot or worse. However, his employment doesn't make this a US issue. His residence doesn't make this a US issue. Cry all you want about him being a "resident." He wasn't a citizen and it didn't occur on US soil or as an emissary in US govt. employment (that we know of). So at that point, other than filing a grievance with the UN or whatever international body it should be filed with, we're out.

How many Mexican nationals who reside in the US are killed annually returning to Mexico and are reported on nationally and there is a public outcry or expectation that the US government intervene into Mexico's investigation or prosecution? My guess is not much if any.

What about other foreign nationals who reside in the US and are killed returning to their home country or travelling to another? Is there as much outcry or was it specifically because he was in employment of the Post? I'm out.
Were those nationals killed ( or worse butchered)) at the command of a government official or just from some random crime?

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Were those nationals killed ( or worse butchered)) at the command of a government official or just from some random crime?
Doesn’t matter to them - it’s all the same. Silence a journalist critic, kill a rival drug dealer. They’re all dead, right?
The stupidity is mind boggling.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Doesn’t matter to them - it’s all the same. Silence a journalist critic, kill a rival drug dealer. They’re all dead, right?
The stupidity is mind boggling.

In this case, you are correct. It doesn't matter to me. It is a crime that occurred in another country against a non-US citizen. How often does it happen on a daily basis? Can we go around chasing every murder whether government sponsored or not when we can't stop the killings in Memphis, Houston or Montgomery? Refocus fellas. Your rage is misdirected.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
In this case, you are correct. It doesn't matter to me. It is a crime that occurred in another country against a non-US citizen. How often does it happen on a daily basis? Can we go around chasing every murder whether government sponsored or not when we can't stop the killings in Memphis, Houston or Montgomery? Refocus fellas. Your rage is misdirected.
The guy was a permanent U.S. resident with children who are U.S. citizens, and that status carries some protection whether you like it or not. Your implication that he was just some random dude with no real U.S. tie was intentionally dishonest. And your advocacy that a foreign government should be allowed to butcher a U.S. resident on the soil of another NATO country with impunity, simply because they don't like his newspaper columns, is sickening.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
The guy was a permanent U.S. resident with children who are U.S. citizens, and that status carries some protection whether you like it or not. Your implication that he was just some random dude with no real U.S. tie was intentionally dishonest. And your advocacy that a foreign government should be allowed to butcher a U.S. resident on the soil of another NATO country with impunity, simply because they don't like his newspaper columns, is sickening.
You missed this part of one of my earlier posts, but it's ok.
Yeah, he was butchered...he was tortured. The Saudi POS who did should be shot or worse.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
So you think we need to sever all diplomatic ties with Saudi Arabia ASAP. We've got how many troops in the area that we are dependent on Saudi Arabia's assistance whether it be direct or indirect? Do we have any larger issues such as thousands of illegals trying to cross our border or Russia stirring up crap with Ukraine?

Again, what about all the murders in the US? Or genital mutilation that a judge just allowed to occur in the US?

Better yet, should we exact justice on the tribe that killed the missionary? He WAS an American citizen. Maybe we should bring the full force of the US military upon them. Pick your fight.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
So you think we need to sever all diplomatic ties with Saudi Arabia ASAP. We've got how many troops in the area that we are dependent on Saudi Arabia's assistance whether it be direct or indirect? Do we have any larger issues such as thousands of illegals trying to cross our border or Russia stirring up crap with Ukraine?

Again, what about all the murders in the US? Or genital mutilation that a judge just allowed to occur in the US?

Better yet, should we exact justice on the tribe that killed the missionary? He WAS an American citizen. Maybe we should bring the full force of the US military upon them. Pick your fight.
Wow, I haven't seen this many red herrings in such a small space since my last trip to the aquarium. Cool whataboutism though.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Kyiv Watching Blogger
KYIV BLOG: Did Ukraine provoke the clash in the Sea of Azov?
Questioning the "Putin provoked this" narrative.
Two main points.
1. Qui bono? Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko, up for election next year and currently trailing in the polls, needs something to change the trend lines.
2. No record of Ukrainian ships requesting guidance through the straits. Ukraine has released the radio recordings in which the Russian Coast Guardsmen say, "The Prime Minister is freaking out about these Ukrainian ships" (why would the PM freak out if Russia was driving events here?). But no recordings of the Ukrainian request.

In my view, this article not convincing, but asks some interesting questions. The jury is still out.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.