Terrell Lewis, available for SECCG or CFP?

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I don't think Kirby would be surprised or even worried. TL may play (and would help) but he will not make a difference in the game.
I think it`s interesting to speculate that in the event he did play, does that afford us an opportunity to put a different package or two on the field, particularly in the area of pass rush situations?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think it`s interesting to speculate that in the event he did play, does that afford us an opportunity to put a different package or two on the field, particularly in the area of pass rush situations?
Not really. GA is a run heavy team. Just means that you can sub more and have fresh pass rushers late in the game.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
One play can turn a game. Remember how Hightower's forced fumble turned the Super Bowl for the Patriots. And he would provide quality depth at a position that is pretty thin.

That said, I think that Alabama destroys Georgia.
I would argue he made a single play that absolutely saved the championship game for us. Granted, it took us scoring a TD in our OT possession to fulfill it, and it was a crazy TD that we scored, but Lewis sacked Fromm on third almost knocking them out of FG range. Ultimately their kicker is one of the best, and he made it, but it was just a FG which allowed Tua to work his magic with the walkoff TD pass.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
I would argue he made a single play that absolutely saved the championship game for us. Granted, it took us scoring a TD in our OT possession to fulfill it, and it was a crazy TD that we scored, but Lewis sacked Fromm on third almost knocking them out of FG range. Ultimately their kicker is one of the best, and he made it, but it was just a FG which allowed Tua to work his magic with the walkoff TD pass.
Absolutely. His length and raw athleticism affected Fromm in certain times of the game when he dropped back to pass. Fromm seems to be getting the ball out quicker this year though.

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
Lewis' sack in OT was a huge play. I've watched that play so many times since then. He ran right through the UGA line and ensured that Bama could win the game with a TD.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
If hes ready to play, he'll be out there Saturday against UGA. CNS wouldn't let him back out there if he wasn't ready. So if hes ready, yes by all means, let him play. We could use him.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
You know I've wanted to see Lewis since that A-Day game, what was it, 2 years ago? The one where he picked off a pass in headed for the flat, from the DE position, and returned it for about a 50 yard TD.

We've only gotten short glimpses since then because of these stupid injuries. I hope he absolutely tears it up these last 3 games.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
I wpuld expect him to see more time as an edge rusher on passing downs, coming off that injury more so than amd every down edge setter. Either way, miller and jennings need the rest he will provide.

Id expect to,see a similar return for Allen in time for the playoffs but thats purley speculation on my part.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.