Terrell Lewis, available for SECCG or CFP?

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
I wpuld expect him to see more time as an edge rusher on passing downs, coming off that injury more so than amd every down edge setter. Either way, miller and jennings need the rest he will provide.

Id expect to,see a similar return for Allen in time for the playoffs but thats purley speculation on my part.
Probably right, although it depends on the formation and alignment. Jennings is a monster on the edge so if we're running traditional nickel with only one OLB he'll likely take most of those reps. If we go to the nickel package with only 2 DL and 2 OLBs, i could see Lewis getting some of those reps because while Miller has gotten way, way better at setting the edge, Lewis at full strength is better.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
If he plays, I suspect UGA will test him every chance they get. Hopefully if he does play he's effective and makes an impact.

rtrbama1

1st Team
May 31, 2015
Probably right, although it depends on the formation and alignment. Jennings is a monster on the edge so if we're running traditional nickel with only one OLB he'll likely take most of those reps. If we go to the nickel package with only 2 DL and 2 OLBs, i could see Lewis getting some of those reps because while Miller has gotten way, way better at setting the edge, Lewis at full strength is better.
Agreed. I would rank them (when healthy):

Run defense/setting edge: 1) Jennings 2) Lewis 3) Miller
Pass rusher: 1) Lewis 2) Miller 3) Jennings

Aussie BamaFan

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 1, 2018
Adelaide South Australia
If its true hes playing after 5 months thats amazing . Here is oz if they tear an acl playing Aussie Rules there out for at least 11 to 12 months the only way they get back quicker is if they have Lars Acl reconstruction

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
It’s just amazing the recovery time for some of these athletes nowadays.
My Grandson had football related shoulder surgery during the Summer after his Senior year in HS. When he went in for his 6 weeks checkup, the surgeon said the recovery looked to be at a 6 month level rather than 6 weeks. Played that Fall in college.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Isn't there a new procedure for knees (ACL's) that Andrews is doing that uses stem cells to regenerate the tendon growth? Makes the recovery time next to nothing. I either dreamed that or read it somewhere. Guess I will head to google and look! haha

ETA:
https://www.andrewsinstitute.com/news/pressreleases/default.aspx?ContentID=100844

https://www.andrewssportsmedicine.c...ction-therapy-bone-marrow-concentrate-therapy

https://www.beckersspine.com/biolog...dy-shows-positive-results-5-observations.html

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/09/26/d...-stem-cells-sports-medicine-stroke-bart-starr

Last edited:

dathbama

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 19, 2004
Ruckersville, VA
www.uvachurch.com
I had the stem cell procedure done a Andrews Clinic for advanced arthritis in my knee three years ago. I had lost over 1/2 of the cartilage in my knee and was told that I would likely soon be in need of a knee replacement (Age 61).

Today I have few issues with my knee and am running 10 miles a week!

My son who is 27 had a torn labrum and was told it would require surgery. He too choose to have this procedure (BMC - Bone Marrow Concentrate) and now is back to running!

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Saban said tonight that Terrell Lewis won’t be able to play in a game anytime soon. He’s only done drills. I was hoping he’d play some Saturday.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Hopefully we can win and he'll be cleared by the semis. Would be a great time to integrate an injured player back into the rotation because they'll spend half the practices on camp-type stuff.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I had the stem cell procedure done a Andrews Clinic for advanced arthritis in my knee three years ago. I had lost over 1/2 of the cartilage in my knee and was told that I would likely soon be in need of a knee replacement (Age 61).

My son who is 27 had a torn labrum and was told it would require surgery. He too choose to have this procedure (BMC - Bone Marrow Concentrate) and now is back to running!
This may be something I look into for the arthritis in my knee. Can you give me a rough estimate of cost? I see insurance doesn’t cover it. And how hard is it to get in with this clinic?

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

I have a sister in law waiting on that surgery... The success rate is very high.

allybama2009

1st Team
Jan 1, 2009
Conway, SC
IMO, i would be satisfied with him practicing for the next month. If he feels good about playing in the playoff games that would be a bonus. Not worth risking his future health for an upcoming game. rtr

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.