Link: What position groups should we target for remaining spots?

bamafaninbham

All-SEC
Jul 19, 2004
Homewood
In regards to the 2019 class, what are our top position groups that we still have needs for? My guess would be LB, RB, Safety, but what are y'alls thoughts??

ETA: Shouldn't be LINK in the title, but Question. But I can't edit that part. Mods help a fella out if possible.

Last edited:

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I think we are sitting on 21 verbals broken down this way:

QB 2
DT 2
DE 4
LB 2
OL 4
K 1
DB 2
ATL 1
TE 1
WR 1
RB 1

Certainly, we are going to take the best possible talent but numbers-wise I would say we need more DBs, LBs, WRs and yes...more Defensive Tackles.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

QB 2
DT 2
DE 4
LB 2
OL 4
K 1
DB 2
ATL 1
TE 1
WR 1
RB 1

Certainly, we are going to take the best possible talent but numbers-wise I would say we need more DBs, LBs, WRs and yes...more Defensive Tackles.
I think one, maybe two DT`s .

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

QB 2
DT 2
DE 4
LB 2
OL 4
K 1
DB 2
ATL 1
TE 1
WR 1
RB 1

We will not add any more WRs, based on who we want at other positions.

It's probably easier just to talk about the remaining targets, rather than positional breakdowns.

OL- Neal and Webb. I would not be surprised to see Webb left out if we hit on other targets. Neal is a priority.

DL- Sophser and Ika. Would take both. Sophser the most likely.

RB- Sanders.

TE- Zipperer. Became a position of need with Irv's rapid rise up draft boards.

LB- Dean, Smith, T'oto'o, Christian Harris. I like our chances with Dean. Can T'oto'o leave the west coast? Turning the heat back up on aTm commit Harris.

DB- Pola Gates and Battle. Be interesting to see how OSUs resurgence affects Battle, but he was saying all the right things earlier. Not sure what the hold up has been with Pola Gates pulling the trigger.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
^^^ Thanks RTO, thats a solid breakdown. Looking like another great class if everything holds up!

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

It's probably easier just to talk about the remaining targets, rather than positional breakdowns.

OL- Neal and Webb. I would not be surprised to see Webb left out if we hit on other targets. Neal is a priority.

RB- Sanders.

LB- Dean, Smith, T'oto'o, Christian Harris. I like our chances with Dean. Can T'oto'o leave the west coast? Turning the heat back up on aTm commit Harris.

DB- Pola Gates and Battle. Be interesting to see how OSUs resurgence affects Battle, but he was saying all the right things earlier. Not sure what the hold up has been with Pola Gates pulling the trigger.
Thanks RTO. Interesting on Webb. Who other than Neal would take his spot (Wright or a different position of need)?

I would think Meyer's health has to weigh in on Battle's decision with OSU also (and winter).

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Thanks RTO. Interesting on Webb. Who other than Neal would take his spot (Wright or a different position of need)?

I would think Meyer's health has to weigh in on Battle's decision with OSU also (and winter).
What I think would be most interesting is if another OL or two was ready to commit now, would the staff say something to the effect of, " Clay, we need to know right now what you want to do. We have others to fill the slots if you`re still unsure." ? I`m not saying that that would necessarily be the right play. Of course, this is all moot if Clay`s already a silent.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

no one we are happy as long as we get Neal. (Who IMO is wrapped up)

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
So Pickens is out of play on a possible flip?
It appears that way since we are not losing any of our WR's to the draft or graduation. I believe Jam had mentioned he may have some possible grade issues. Will load up on WR's in the '20 class.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

RB- Sanders.

And just like that, Harris flips to the good guys

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.