Early signing period signees

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Just a question so don't tar and feather me just yet, any chance we lose Paul Tyson to Maryland? Hoping he can start one day, but Crimson colored glasses shows him being more of a Mac Jones and Taulia being Tua Twoa.
Umm, no. Grandson of Bryant, committed to Bama, changed mind and signs with.....Maryland? Not happening.

Really not much of a comparison between Mac and Tyson. Mac is McElroy with more arm talent. Mac could start in two years. Tyson is more of an AJ McCarron type. His HS offense doesn't really let him showcase his arm.

Really not much of a comparison between Tua and Taulia, either.

Taulia will be great at the RPO stuff, but he will be more of a running threat than Tua. Zone read will be back in the offense. Quick release like Tua, but not the deep ball (at least yet anyway)

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Umm, no. Grandson of Bryant, committed to Bama, changed mind and signs with.....Maryland? Not happening.

Really not much of a comparison between Mac and Tyson. Mac is McElroy with more arm talent. Mac could start in two years. Tyson is more of an AJ McCarron type. His HS offense doesn't really let him showcase his arm.

Really not much of a comparison between Tua and Taulia, either.

Taulia will be great at the RPO stuff, but he will be more of a running threat than Tua. Zone read will be back in the offense. Quick release like Tua, but not the deep ball (at least yet anyway)
Some within Tyson's family has been pushing him away from T-town. They don't think he can beat Taulia. He wants to compete and told them Bama is where he's going. Agree on Tyson Offense since it's Gus bus guy which does nothing to help develop the prospects there. Tyson will need a few years at least to develop the reads and habits to be successful.

Taulia is behind his brother but not by much and thats good because we don't need him to start right away.

Agree with Mac and imo likely transfer like others before him to start else where.

Beck will be a top 5 Qb lead his team to state in his first year of starting. (For our staff to take his commitment so early speaks volumes of how they feel about him)

watch out for Ashford imo because if we go after him he's ours. Our staff will likely want to see him in camp.

The best thing to happen to bama with Qb's is Enos. He knows talent and more importantly can develop them. Two other Qb's Enos wanted and were committed at one point are Starters @ Iowa State & Washington State

allybama2009

1st Team
Jan 1, 2009
Conway, SC
I still think we may lose a recruit or 2 if locks takes gattis or another coach with him. Hopefully not but it could happen. Rtr

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

UAllday

3rd Team
Jan 17, 2018
I still think we may lose a recruit or 2 if locks takes gattis or another coach with him. Hopefully not but it could happen. Rtr

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Not sure but I do think it has a better chance of affecting class of 2020.
Keilan Robinson (4* RB) is one 2019 prospect to watch, he is from Baltimore and had an interesting tweet last night. Unable to link/screen grab as I am not on Twitter. Something to the effect of "Let the games begin" just after announcement. Heard Andrew Bone on an interview and he said the other prospects he spoke with still seemed solid although they were happy for Locks. My thoughts are MD vs Bama, that is apples and oranges, not even close. We need recruits who want to compete with the best in order to be the best. No offense but MD is not the place for that.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
Robinson is gone from what im hearing. Look for Glass or Williams (s.florida recruit and one of the hottest guys rn)
So I am just speculating we are still in good shape with Sanders. If we get him and no other RB we should be ok for next season with Jacobs. N. Harris and Robinson returning.

Last edited:

UAllday

3rd Team
Jan 17, 2018
I would not count on JJ coming back. I can not point to a RB who would be taken ahead of him this year.
We have Jerome Ford from last cycle as well

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I would not count on JJ coming back. I can not point to a RB who would be taken ahead of him this year.
Yes, and because of injuries, we didn't get nearly as much out of him as he could/would have given...

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
It's hard to believe he would get a high draft grade at this point. Does he just want to get away?

UAllday

3rd Team
Jan 17, 2018
It's hard to believe he would get a high draft grade at this point. Does he just want to get away?
I have no first hand knowledge. The story posted a couple of weeks ago talks about childhood struggles, he has a small child,. A lot of motivation to move on.
I am curious as to why you don't think he would get a high draft grade? Rbs are not at a premium they once were but in my eyes he fits the mold of what they lean towards, shifty, fast, can catch extremely well, punishing blocker down field, special teams ace, return man. In my eyes I don't think he lacks any skill and he seems to excel at EVERYTHING. I don't follow any team as I do ours but it would not surprise me if he is first RB taken in the draft. Late first-2nd round pick.I guess I just don't see how he could improve his stock by staying.
Again I am not claiming to know anything beyond what I have seen this year.

Last edited:

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I have no first hand knowledge. The story posted a couple of weeks ago talks about childhood struggles, he has a small child,. A lot of motivation to move on.
I am curious as to why you don't think he would get a high draft grade? Rbs are not at a premium they once were but in my eyes he fits the mold of what they lean towards, shifty, fast, can catch extremely well, punishing blocker down field, special teams ace, return man. In my eyes I don't think he lacks any skill and he seems to excel at EVERYTHING. I don't follow any team as I do ours but it would not surprise me if he is first RB taken in the draft. Late first-2nd round pick.I guess I just don't see how he could improve his stock by staying.
And effort in everything he does. He's a Swiss Army knife some team will get at a discount price. We are seeing the end of the running back we grew up watching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
And effort in everything he does. He's a Swiss Army knife some team will get at a discount price. We are seeing the end of the running back we grew up watching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're spot on. There are many teams that would love to have him on their roster. IMO JJ could go as high as late 1st round, especially to a team that's already contending with a solid roster but wants to add a special player.

I think he's gone by pick 64.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I think he may go ahead of DH. This guy is the new type of NFL RB similar to Kamara and while RB's are not typically 1st rounders he will certainly go in the first 3 rounds. Every RB we have had other than DH and KD have gone after their junior year. His family life will also have a lot to do with it also (came for a poor family background and has a daughter).

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
I've just never seen him even given a grade nor any talk from NFL draft people about him. I personally have high regard for him, like most Bama fans, but I've never seen any "NFL" type guys comment on him. In relation to another poster, JJ is a completely different style player from Kamara. Kamara has great speed and quickness.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.