Early signing period signees - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Early signing period signees

Quote Originally Posted by jambama1 View Post
    Robinson is gone from what im hearing. Look for Glass or Williams (s.florida recruit and one of the hottest guys rn)
    So I am just speculating we are still in good shape with Sanders. If we get him and no other RB we should be ok for next season with Jacobs. N. Harris and Robinson returning.
    Last edited by Blindside13; December 6th, 2018 at 09:03 AM.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Second Team

I would not count on JJ coming back. I can not point to a RB who would be taken ahead of him this year.
    We have Jerome Ford from last cycle as well

Quote Originally Posted by UAllday View Post
    I would not count on JJ coming back. I can not point to a RB who would be taken ahead of him this year.
    Yes, and because of injuries, we didn't get nearly as much out of him as he could/would have given...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Yes, and because of injuries, we didn't get nearly as much out of him as he could/would have given...
    Similar to Kenyan Drake. Injuries plagued the contributions he could have made overall as well.

BamaNation All-American

It's hard to believe he would get a high draft grade at this point. Does he just want to get away?

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by BamaInBham View Post
    It's hard to believe he would get a high draft grade at this point. Does he just want to get away?
    I have no first hand knowledge. The story posted a couple of weeks ago talks about childhood struggles, he has a small child,. A lot of motivation to move on.
    I am curious as to why you don't think he would get a high draft grade? Rbs are not at a premium they once were but in my eyes he fits the mold of what they lean towards, shifty, fast, can catch extremely well, punishing blocker down field, special teams ace, return man. In my eyes I don't think he lacks any skill and he seems to excel at EVERYTHING. I don't follow any team as I do ours but it would not surprise me if he is first RB taken in the draft. Late first-2nd round pick.I guess I just don't see how he could improve his stock by staying.
    Again I am not claiming to know anything beyond what I have seen this year.
    Last edited by UAllday; December 6th, 2018 at 12:59 AM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame AlexanderFan's Avatar

I have no first hand knowledge. The story posted a couple of weeks ago talks about childhood struggles, he has a small child,. A lot of motivation to move on.
    I am curious as to why you don't think he would get a high draft grade? Rbs are not at a premium they once were but in my eyes he fits the mold of what they lean towards, shifty, fast, can catch extremely well, punishing blocker down field, special teams ace, return man. In my eyes I don't think he lacks any skill and he seems to excel at EVERYTHING. I don't follow any team as I do ours but it would not surprise me if he is first RB taken in the draft. Late first-2nd round pick.I guess I just don't see how he could improve his stock by staying.
    And effort in everything he does. He's a Swiss Army knife some team will get at a discount price. We are seeing the end of the running back we grew up watching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

Very true Jacobs could leave for sure. I had forgotten about Ford.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside13 View Post
    Very true Jacobs could leave for sure. I had forgotten about Ford.
    It seems like Jacobs just got to Bama..... time flies

Quote Originally Posted by Keeter View Post
    It seems like Jacobs just got to Bama..... time flies
    But I don't recall a player that contributed in so many ways. He's been a star ever since he first played.
    Wish we could field 11 of those players!

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderFan View Post
    And effort in everything he does. He's a Swiss Army knife some team will get at a discount price. We are seeing the end of the running back we grew up watching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You're spot on. There are many teams that would love to have him on their roster. IMO JJ could go as high as late 1st round, especially to a team that's already contending with a solid roster but wants to add a special player.

I think he's gone by pick 64.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaInBham View Post
    I think he may go ahead of DH. This guy is the new type of NFL RB similar to Kamara and while RB's are not typically 1st rounders he will certainly go in the first 3 rounds. Every RB we have had other than DH and KD have gone after their junior year. His family life will also have a lot to do with it also (came for a poor family background and has a daughter).

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jambama1 View Post
    Robinson is gone from what im hearing. Look for Glass or Williams (s.florida recruit and one of the hottest guys rn)
    Is it due to Locks going to Maryland or is he being asked to look elsewhere? I loved this guys highlight video. Small but can fly.