Link: Season Long Polls and Rankings Thread - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Re: Season Long Polls and Rankings Thread

After the win Saturday, Alabama is #52, which is seventh in the conference.

According to RealTime RPI, Alabama's RPI would be 28.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."

BamaNation All-American beatthemtigers's Avatar

Lame.. I was expecting better than that. Weíre receiving votes in the AP poll

Auburn loses by 15 at Ole Miss. The SEC is pretty unbelievable this year, and Iím not sure thatís necessarily a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -- Coach Bryant

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Auburn loses by 15 at Ole Miss. The SEC is pretty unbelievable this year, and I’m not sure that’s necessarily a good thing.

And Florida won at Arkansas. I don't know who is who. SEC play has started out as a jumbled mess already.

BamaNation All-SEC

After the loss to LSU our rpi fell from #28 to #31, with a SoS of #25. One thing that is really going to help us is that the league rpi is at #4 and most conference games will help our SoS rather than hurt it.

This has turned into a damn tough basketball league in a pretty short period of time.

rtr

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

As of today Lunardi has us one of the "first 4 out". He is usually pretty spot on. His changes daily.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    As of today Lunardi has us one of the "first 4 out". He is usually pretty spot on. His changes daily.
    Probably bounce in and out with each win and loss. Need to win a couple of SEC road games to get a little deeper "in". A road win at Baylor would be nice as well.

The SEC gets a big win today thanks to the ACC. Louisville beats UNC by 21 on the road. Kentucky already whipped Louisville, so itíll help the conference and those of us who beat Kentucky.

-- Coach Bryant

BamaNation Hall of Fame rolltide_21's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    Don't know if we will be there after today's loss. I think we have to go 11-7 in conference to make the tourney.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by rolltide_21 View Post
    Don't know if we will be there after today's loss. I think we have to go 11-7 in conference to make the tourney.
    I'm thinking over .500 in the conference would be enough but the Baylor game and any SEC tournament games could come into play as well. Seems like so many times that when a team like Bama is on the bubble and loses, some other teams in the same general position will lose as well and not much changes. This home loss to A&M was brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Auburn loses by 15 at Ole Miss. The SEC is pretty unbelievable this year, and Iím not sure thatís necessarily a good thing.

Ole Miss is probably going to be good this year. Beat Mississippi State in Starkville.

Going to be one of those where you absolutely must hold serve at home and hope to steal a few away.
    Just a barner.
    Auburn attempted 40 3 pointers while Tennessee only attempted 15. This kills the one seed.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by AUDub View Post
    Ole Miss is probably going to be good this year. Beat Mississippi State in Starkville.

Going to be one of those where you absolutely must hold serve at home and hope to steal a few away.
    I haven't seen Ole Miss play but had thought that they had built their record against somewhat weak competition. I figured MSU would win at home for sure.

Ole Miss has scored decently in almost all their games; they may have something after all. Definitely getting off to a good start.
    Last edited by day-day; January 13th, 2019 at 03:21 PM. Reason: misspelled weak