Iron Bowl Tackling

pop11011

Scout Team
Jul 6, 2007
Just watching a game replay......I don't remember ever seeing better tackling in my life. Both teams.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
Just watching a game replay......I don't remember ever seeing better tackling in my life. Both teams.
Agree. I noticed this also. Our receivers got no YAC (in the first half). I recall it being that way last year as well. I remember a third-down pass play last year at a crucial juncture where the DB stoned our receiver when all he had to do was to fall upfield for a yard. He didn't. Say what you want about Auburn, but they apparently teach their boys to tackle pretty well.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Agree. I noticed this also. Our receivers got no YAC (in the first half). I recall it being that way last year as well. I remember a third-down pass play last year at a crucial juncture where the DB stoned our receiver when all he had to do was to fall upfield for a yard. He didn't. Say what you want about Auburn, but they apparently teach their boys to tackle pretty well.
They do an excellent job teaching the offense to tackle too.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
Yep, the Barn's offensive lineman tackle better than anyone on Oklahoma's entire defense. Cecil (as usual) nailed it in his column today, pointing out that you could reasonably say that AU's defense was playing pretty well -- then you look at the scoreboard and Alabama has a 52 up there....

Frankly, they were frequently in the right position and just plain out-executed.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.