Georgia DL Jonathan Ledbetter Admits They Didn't Prepare for Tua

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
What are Tua's tendencies other than throwing dimes and breaking ankles?
Exactly. How do you prepare for a quarterback who reads defenses, looks off defenders, and drops the ball into small windows. If there is a knock on Tua it would be that he looks for the home run ball a little too much, but at this point he's pretty much hitting dingers more than he's striking out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Hmmm...

“We told everybody at halftime there was no question they were going to him because they were struggling and they needed some momentum,” Smart said.

Tagovailoa had played just enough over the course of the season, completing 35 of 53 passes for 470 yards in spot duty, that he wasn’t entirely a mystery.

“He played enough snaps,” Smart said. “We’d seen him on tape.”

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sou...aw0YcxfdPyyV8u7QsXNukXE4&ust=1543370432339330
I thought Kirby made comments about warning the players, but I also think another player or two said the same as Ledbetter.

Could be Kirby trying to cover his backside and not look bad.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I thought Kirby made comments about warning the players, but I also think another player or two said the same as Ledbetter.

Could be Kirby trying to cover his backside and not look bad.
i like that they are spending mental energy discussing this clutter :)

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
I think this was said just to give some UGA fans hope. "Tua beat us because we didn't expect him to play and didn't prepare for them. Now we know he is there and prepared. So rest easy. We will win."

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Hmmm...

“We told everybody at halftime there was no question they were going to him because they were struggling and they needed some momentum,” Smart said.

Tagovailoa had played just enough over the course of the season, completing 35 of 53 passes for 470 yards in spot duty, that he wasn’t entirely a mystery.

“He played enough snaps,” Smart said. “We’d seen him on tape.”

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sou...aw0YcxfdPyyV8u7QsXNukXE4&ust=1543370432339330
There is a difference between the staff knowing and the players being ready. This ain't a Nintendo. Smart ain't holding the sticks. They spent their prep with the players on Jalen-led offense heading into the game. Told their team to be ready for a change and what could happen in 20 minutes or so in a locker room. Never really executed well against a more balanced offense with Tua. May have not mattered if they had prepped for Tua at all because frankly their secondary was a bit weak all season.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
There is a difference between the staff knowing and the players being ready. This ain't a Nintendo. Smart ain't holding the sticks. They spent their prep with the players on Jalen-led offense heading into the game. Told their team to be ready for a change and what could happen in 20 minutes or so in a locker room. Never really executed well against a more balanced offense with Tua. May have not mattered if they had prepped for Tua at all because frankly their secondary was a bit weak all season.
Agreed - they played Mayfield the previous week. He torched them. But, more to the point, it;s not like they had not seem an elite passer in the playoffs. They should have adjusted and didn't - maybe because they simply couldn't.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Agreed - they played Mayfield the previous week. He torched them. But, more to the point, it;s not like they had not seem an elite passer in the playoffs. They should have adjusted and didn't - maybe because they simply couldn't.
Alabama picked on Malcolm Parrish all night and they never moved a safety over in his direction. Flat out abused that guy all night.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.