Who Is Going To the SEC Title Game?

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
More importantly.....is anyone from the DFW area going?

Because I'm trying to figure something out here, and......need a little help maybe....

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Some thoughts for those who haven't ever been that are reading this topic:

Look into getting a parking voucher at the lots right around the world congress center and stadium. I did that went we went to the 2012 and 2014 games. Compared to Tuscaloosa parking prices, it was affordable and didn't even think twice about it. You can print out your lot voucher before leaving for the game.

The fan expo/experience is fine for a walkthrough and pregame meal. There are a lot of places around that general area for eating after the game. I'd recommend getting a bite after the game even if takes a minute because the post-game traffic will be completely gone by the time you're done. Maybe go to that biergarten near the stadium and get a celebratory boot of bier. :D

Even when our opponent was the UGA in 2012, never had much of a problem with the fans. Different crowd than a campus game. Lots of alumni and families mixed with the young adults such as myself. I think the venue and SEC do a really good job with this game. Probably the most positive off-campus game site experience I've had.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
also for visitors, marta is an easy way to get to the stadium.

https://www.itsmarta.com
I never did this because it seemed like people's experience with it was hit or miss. But that is truly anecdotal.
I've been doing Marta on my Atlanta trips for nearly a decade. I've taken it throughout the city from 0800 until 1 a.m.ish. NEVER ever had a single solitary issue. I can't attest for others, but I generally stay at the airport so I take it from the edge of the city all the way through the south side to the stadium. Again, no problems ever.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
The son and I will be there. I hope they have completed the pedestrian crossover bridge next to the stadium finished.

Leaving from Prattville, so no help for you Selma - sorry, ha!

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I've been doing Marta on my Atlanta trips for nearly a decade. I've taken it throughout the city from 0800 until 1 a.m.ish. NEVER ever had a single solitary issue. I can't attest for others, but I generally stay at the airport so I take it from the edge of the city all the way through the south side to the stadium. Again, no problems ever.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
i go from lakewood/fort mac to garnett station and walk. i've been doing that for dome/benz events for years. walking back to garnett lets you skip the hassle and wait at five points.

i also commuted that route daily for 6 years without a single issue.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
There's a website called Parking Panda....They locate and reserve spots all over the city. They can hook you up with a reserved spot very reasonably.
Some thoughts for those who haven't ever been that are reading this topic:

Look into getting a parking voucher at the lots right around the world congress center and stadium. I did that went we went to the 2012 and 2014 games. Compared to Tuscaloosa parking prices, it was affordable and didn't even think twice about it. You can print out your lot voucher before leaving for the game.

The fan expo/experience is fine for a walkthrough and pregame meal. There are a lot of places around that general area for eating after the game. I'd recommend getting a bite after the game even if takes a minute because the post-game traffic will be completely gone by the time you're done. Maybe go to that biergarten near the stadium and get a celebratory boot of bier. :D

Even when our opponent was the UGA in 2012, never had much of a problem with the fans. Different crowd than a campus game. Lots of alumni and families mixed with the young adults such as myself. I think the venue and SEC do a really good job with this game. Probably the most positive off-campus game site experience I've had.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I never did this because it seemed like people's experience with it was hit or miss. But that is truly anecdotal.
I would echo what tattooguy said. I took MARTA to the Clemson and the Va Tech games in Atlanta and had no issues. Cheap and easy.
If you rush to the MARTA station right after the game ends (I did), it will be crowded, but if you take a minute to get a beer it will be less crowded.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I would echo what tattooguy said. I took MARTA to the Clemson and the Va Tech games in Atlanta and had no issues. Cheap and easy.
If you rush to the MARTA station right after the game ends (I did), it will be crowded, but if you take a minute to get a beer it will be less crowded.
if you are at a south or west station, you can also walk directly to vine city or garnett stations and miss some of the craziness.

that being said, having an extra beer is always a good plan.

irNate

1st Team
Nov 19, 2010
Snellville, GA
We've always just driven to the stadium and found parking "nearby" Our walk to Bryant Denny is a mile so its not that bad parking in a parking deck a short walk away. Marta has always looked way more packed than I ever ever want to deal with, but I've never actually tried it so my opinion doesn't matter on that. But we've never had a problem driving and walking either. This isn't like Tuscaloosa where you will wait 3 hours to get out of town, you'll be on an interstate within a few minutes of getting in your car.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
The wife and I are going; driving over from B’ham area Thursday morning. If that helps you in any way, Selma, give me a shout-out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.