Saban to Texas Tech???

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Methinks somebody visited Colorado recently.

Is this hack suggesting that we take our Team and compete in intergalactic championships?

“Alabama, although not having issues recruiting, has taken a stagnant seat where conference opponent Georgia has trended relatively upwards. “

Statistically it is very hard to trend Up when you’re at the top and no more games to win!

Disregards facts in order to make your story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BamaBonski

Oct 22, 2008

Sorry guys. I am really embarrassed. The referenced WSJ interview with Ms. Terry is from 2013.

I totally got duped.

Could someone please delete this thread... I'm going back to my corner in the shadows. lol...

Bama_N_Va

1st Team
Aug 16, 2017
Methinks somebody visited Colorado recently.
Is this hack suggesting that we take our Team and compete in intergalactic championships?
“Alabama, although not having issues recruiting, has taken a stagnant seat where conference opponent Georgia has trended relatively upwards. “
Yeah, spotted same sentence and was thinking "have the Bama coaches stopped recruiting this year, have we stopped going after elite talent??? And then I looked over at the recruiting board, and the number of and talent level of committed or pursuing kids just kills his whole argument.

So, let me sum up the authors IQ level: Lower than whale snot but slightly higher than a barner grad!!!

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Let me paraphrase Roger Murtaugh from the "Lethal Weapon" movies:

I'm too SOBER for this......stuff........

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Let's check in on Delusional Fantasy:

There’s just one problem - the fans have become too accustomed and unappreciative of winning so much.

Only in Lubbock could this make ANY sense.....

Nick’s wife, Terry, opened up to the Wall Street Journal about some of the issues that the continuous winning culture has created for her and her husband. “You come to a crossroads and the expectations get so great, people get spoiled by success and there gets to be a lack of appreciation,” Terry lamented, “we’re kind of there now.”

She said that FIVE YEARS AGO........FIVE!!!!

Put yourself there: you’ve given your all to build up a monolith and even a whiff of failure has fans questioning your abilities.

Eh, not really. We DO question why he can't find a better kicker but....

Bear Bryant, for reference, died at age 69 and his late years at Alabama were plagued by recruiting troubles.

yes, let's compare Gus Malzahn with Pat Dye and a mandatory retirement law shall we......

a stagnant seat where conference opponent Georgia has trended relatively upwards

Because Florida and Tennessee both suck.....

Texas Tech offers coach Saban a unique opportunity to put passion back into the career he’s fallen in love with.

So does UCF, but I don't see him going there...

The rivalry between Nick Saban and Les Miles is iconic.

Not really. It was 8-3 and one of Miles's wins was with Saban's players against Saban with Shula's players and some suspended guys from a Textbook scandal not playing......and Alabama leading the national champs by a TD with 3 minutes left.

Flip the coaches in that game and Saban wins by forty points even back then.

Hocutt must wait until the inevitable sixth championship before capitalizing on Alabama’s coach at his weakest

Sixth at Alabama but......seventh overall....

Yes, Saban is sitting there this morning thinking, "I've finally got the best QB I've ever had, a more than acceptable defense, and with a little luck I might just win a three-peat here and Tua's little brother and the best kicker in the country are coming this way. But you know what sounds REAL good? LUBBOCK!!! Yeah, what I REALLY love is flag football!!!"

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

Sorry guys. I am really embarrassed. The referenced WSJ interview with Ms. Terry is from 2013.

I totally got duped.

Could someone please delete this thread... I'm going back to my corner in the shadows. lol...
The article you linked was current, although the Ms. Terry quote was way outdated, as you point out. Nothing to be embarrassed about, and I would encourage you to post more to get a better feel for it. :smile:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.