Conservative or Full Throttle Approach Against Georgia?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Whatever it takes to start fast and jump out 21-0 or 28-0.
I'd love that, but they'll surely follow Auburn's game plan and play 2 safeties and try to limit big plays. I'd like a fast start like that, but (without TOs or NOTs) it'll probably look more like a steady onslaught of us grinding them down OR like what happened against the Barn with one "big play" kinda opening up a dam.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I can't see us in any way trying to play for FG attempts when you consider the type of Red Zone efficiency we have with Tua slingin' it around.

Plus....Our kicking game is so comically bad that BDS actually ERUPTS when we make XP's much less a FG.

I expect us to be very aggressive against UGA.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Alabama is going to have to be very aggressive against Georgia. Two reasons: They have a very good offense of their own and have been playing a high level the last few weeks (against bad competition). Also, the revenge factor. Kirby and their fans want revenge. They will throw everything at us. Alabama cannot come in slow this time. Can't happen. We have to score and score a lot this week.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Why lay up for the chip shot when you can hit the pin? We have too many weapons in our bag. Everybody eats Saturday.
Exactly. If Tua is truly the Heisman winner, let he and the weapons around him win the game for us. Of course, I expect our defense to play well. But our offense may have to score in the 50's to secure this title.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
We have to be uber aggressive going forward because any team we play now will have elite talent. We can't rely on our FG kicking whatsoever. We need to gamble and maybe even go for it on 4th downs inside the 35 at times, etc.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
I don't see what FG kicking has to do with playing conservatively. 3 incompletions, and you still have the FG option or going on 4th. Anyhow, CNS likes a balanced approach, with run and pass plays about the same. But I think it's time to go more pass than run from the git go, with at least 70% pass.

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
I say full throttle from the very beginning. In fact, I say, "We just need to step on their face with a hobnail boot and break their nose! We need to crush their face!" :)

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Conservative is kind of like 'Playing Not To Lose'... That is Rat Poison to me.

We have the Offense that can go Full Throttle. I would expect no less.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.