Do you see Justin Fields having a significant role in the SECCG?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I think they will test the waters with him in the first half. Strategic snaps here and there. If the kid gets hot I wouldn't be surprised to see him get additional snaps and possibly series as the game wears on. Remember the QB who came in for Colt McCoy in the title game? It was obvious our staff wasn't expecting him to touch the field. The kid got a little confidence and made a game of it. I think if Saban prepares for Fields he will be a non-factor. I think if Saban roles the dice and doesn't prepare for him because he thinks Kirby doesn't have the rocks to put him in. I could see us getting burnt. The kid has amazing talent. But my guess is Saban learned from the Texas/Gilbert situation and won't make that mistake again. We'll prepare for Fields accordingly.
If we spend time preparing for him, CNS should just pull out his "sCam" notebook. Not that Fields is that explosive and as good of a passer as Cam was as the AU starter, but I think a similar style of "contain" defense is the key with a player like him.

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
I think our staff will pfrep for both and I think our defense will be ready. Kirby might try to copy CNS (to a degree - not on the same level as we did last year in the NCG) and put Fields in to try to throw us off.

Master to Student: I taught you everything YOU know. I did not teach you everything I know.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I'm kind of hoping we are up by 17-21 points at halftime and Kirby panics and trots Fields out to start the 2nd half trying to recreate last year's performance by Tua....

Which leads to several turnovers as UGA completely unravels while both their QB's psyche's get shattered and we win going away by 40+ points.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I think our staff will pfrep for both and I think our defense will be ready. Kirby might try to copy CNS (to a degree - not on the same level as we did last year in the NCG) and put Fields in to try to throw us off.

Master to Student: I taught you everything YOU know. I did not teach you everything I know.
Also, I don't think 2018 version of Georgia can do the things the 2017 version could. Which will limit what Kirby can do in both his defensive and offensive game plan.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
If Fromm is injured to the extent he cannot play - then yes - he will have an impact. What that impact is - no way of knowing until it happens.

If Fromm is injured in the first quarter = larger impact. Fourth quarter = lesser impact.

That said, I hope no player is injured either side and we have a complete game with all players available.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I'm kind of hoping we are up by 17-21 points at halftime and Kirby panics and trots Fields out to start the 2nd half trying to recreate last year's performance by Tua....

Which leads to several turnovers as UGA completely unravels while both their QB's psyche's get shattered and we win going away by 40+ points.
How sweet would that be???

I love the way you think!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Kevin Sumlin thinks that would be a bad idea by Kirby.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.