UCF's McKenzie Milton has nerve damage, faces reconstructive surgery

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
Man, that's such a tragedy for the kid. When a door gets slammed shut on a kid's dreams and aspirations, it can be devastating. But often times another door opens to something the kid never considered. Here's hoping that happens for McKenzie.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I feel bad for him. Hopefully he can recover and continue to play. At worst I hope he can walk and run without pain even if he can't play again...
Exactly & agree 100% with ya Brad..As has already been stated he's blessed just to keep his leg below the knee with his horrendous injury..

As long as he's able to walk & run again without limitation or pain for the rest of his life..I'd consider that a great success after this type injury..

Doctors have made big strides in the medical field in this day & age..Even though the chips are stacked against him..It would be reallyyŷyyy awesome if he plays again & beats the odds at coming back..We're all pulling for him that's for sure..

Here's a great big ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!..For a speedy & hopefully for a full recovery to McKenzie..

Last edited:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
That stinks. I feel bad for the kid. I knew when I saw it live that it was bad and even said it looked "Theisman bad".
Not trying to be too graphic, but I haven't seen any news on what actually happened. Did the bone break the skin? Was his knee dislocated (resulted in the weird angle after the injury) or was that because his femur bone broke above his knee (which is what I orginally thought)?

I'm assuming the damage just game from the extreme force of the helmet to the knee area while it was planted in the turf?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Not trying to be too graphic, but I haven't seen any news on what actually happened. Did the bone break the skin? Was his knee dislocated (resulted in the weird angle after the injury) or was that because his femur bone broke above his knee (which is what I orginally thought)?

I'm assuming the damage just game from the extreme force of the helmet to the knee area while it was planted in the turf?
His entire lower leg was twisted about 90 degrees out of line, below the knee.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009

I watched the replay on You Tube and it is awful. His leg is messed up. I'll leave it at that.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Saw that after play.

I never saw a replay (ABC chose not to show it), but I rewound and could tell anything about it from that angle. Did the YT vid show a different angle?
No but you can tell the leg is really messed up. No need to show anything up close.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Wow, a 4th surgery! One of our HS assistant coaches played in the CFL for a while and was had a similar freak injury on kickoff coverage. He tore everything in his knee except his femoral artery. If that had torn, he wouldn't have made it out of the stadium alive. Crazy. Despite that injury, he is still a freak athlete. The kids love him. Still has such heart for the game and is our team motivator. I think he was a DB or CB in college and the pros. Drafted by the Patriots, but ended up in the CFL. Really tough way to end a career.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.