Am I drinking too much Bama Kool-Aid?

BrotherOfBear

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 28, 2006
Backwoods, AL
Sorry if this has been asked before but after watching the Auburn game in person on Saturday it got me thinking will this Alabama team be the greatest collection of NFL talent on college team in the history of the game by having more starters being drafted in the 1st or 2nd round of the NFL Draft they come out for? By my count there is a decent chance that 75% of the current starters will go in either the 1st or 2nd round.

Here are my thoughts (probability of being 1st or 2nd rounder):
QB: Tua Tagovailoa (high probability)
RB: Damien Harris (medium to high)
RB: Josh Jacobs (medium to high)
WR: Jerry Jeudy (high)
WR: Henry Ruggs (medium)
WR: Devonta Smith (low to medium)
LT: Jonah Williams (high)
LG: Deonte Brown (low)
C: Ross Pierchbacher (medium to high)
RG: Alex Leatherwood (high)
RT: Jedrick Wills (low to medium)
TE: Irv Smith (high)

DE: Isaiah Buggs (low)
NG: Quinnen Williams (high)
DE: Raekwon Daivs (high)
LB: Anfernee Jennings (high)
LB: Christian Miller (medium to high)
LB: Mack Wilson (high)
LB: Dylan Moses (high)
CB: Saivion Smith (high)
CB: Patrick Surtain (high)
S: Deionte Thompson (high)
S: Xavier McKinney (medium to high)

Where am I off?

MobileCrimson

1st Team
Feb 27, 2014
IMO Saivion Smith is our weakest link on defense. No chance he goes in the first 2 rounds.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Ruggs (to me) is Ardarius Stewart but faster.....and AS went in the third. So Ruggs could well be a second rounder.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Sorry if this has been asked before but after watching the Auburn game in person on Saturday it got me thinking will this Alabama team be the greatest collection of NFL talent on college team in the history of the game by having more starters being drafted in the 1st or 2nd round of the NFL Draft they come out for? By my count there is a decent chance that 75% of the current starters will go in either the 1st or 2nd round.

Here are my thoughts (probability of being 1st or 2nd rounder):
QB: Tua Tagovailoa (high probability)
RB: Damien Harris (medium to high)
RB: Josh Jacobs (medium to high)
WR: Jerry Jeudy (high)
WR: Henry Ruggs (medium)
WR: Devonta Smith (low to medium)
LT: Jonah Williams (high)
LG: Deonte Brown (low)
C: Ross Pierchbacher (medium to high)
RG: Alex Leatherwood (high)
RT: Jedrick Wills (low to medium)
TE: Irv Smith (high)

DE: Isaiah Buggs (low)
NG: Quinnen Williams (high)
DE: Raekwon Daivs (high)
LB: Anfernee Jennings (high)
LB: Christian Miller (medium to high)
LB: Mack Wilson (high)
LB: Dylan Moses (high)
CB: Saivion Smith (high)
CB: Patrick Surtain (high)
S: Deionte Thompson (high)
S: Xavier McKinney (medium to high)

Where am I off?
I thought Wills was absolutely a 1st round talent - but I'm a poor judge of line play.
Not so sure about Miller and Jennings. They are good but they don't attack the QB as well as a lot of other OLB's. Remember Tim Williams and how unstoppable he and Ryan Anderson were in 2016? Both of them took a tumble.

If Mack Wilson continues to develop then he can get there. Not so sure about it right now.

Not so sure about Savion Smith either. He makes the most mental errors at DB. He's not bad, but he gets picked on the most. Then again, Marlon Humphrey got burned a lot while here and went in the 1st I believe. He's got all the prime DB physical traits.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
If Trevon Diggs can come back healthy next year and show out, he will be drafted for sure. He has all the physical traits as well as blood lines.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Ruggs III should be (high) and
Buggs should be (medium to high)

There's one guy on defense you have as (high) that right now I'd list as (low) but I don't wanna call him out. I'll just say he's been a liability of defense on quite a few plays and games this year.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Ruggs III should be (high) and
Buggs should be (medium to high)

There's one guy on defense you have as (high) that right now I'd list as (low) but I don't wanna call him out. I'll just say he's been a liability of defense on quite a few plays and games this year.
You talking about projected first round draft pick Mack Wilson?

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
You talking about projected first round draft pick Mack Wilson?
No sir.... Secondary. If someone is running loose you can be sure this guy is near by.

I do think Mack should come back next year though and then he has a shot at 1st-2nd. Mack games 7-12 has been MUCH better than 1-6.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
No sir.... Secondary. If someone is running loose you can be sure this guy is near by.

I do think Mack should come back next year though and then he has a shot at 1st-2nd. Mack games 7-12 has been MUCH better than 1-6.
Ahh... I know the player then. Figured you were referencing Mack because many had harped on his play from earlier in the season.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Ahh... I know the player then. Figured you were referencing Mack because many had harped on his play from earlier in the season.
He definitely seemed lost at many points and I still don't think he's at his peak. If he comes back next year he and Moses may end up being the best ILB tandem in CFB.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Ruggs will be at worse a second rounder. Dude runs 24 mph and has hands with stickum.

That pass he caught from Tua against the barn was sick as the kids say today. He caught it with one hand and his body was twisted with two barners hanging on him.

But his hands and speed and accelleration after the the catch is just crazy.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
IMO Saivion Smith is our weakest link on defense. No chance he goes in the first 2 rounds.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Please...

There's a reason very few guys start in the secondary during their first year in Saban's system. The fact that both our starting corners are in their first year and not a downright liability is a testament to their physical abilities. Granted, Surtain has picked things up a bit faster but neither should be considered liabilities and both should be even better next year. Come his draft time, you just might be surprised when Smith lands...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.