JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Projected Depth Chart for Alabama vs. Georgia
by Jess Nicholas
TideFans Editor-In-Chief
November 29th, 2018 02:18 AM

Disclaimer: This is not an official University of Alabama document. The depth chart is taken from individual practice and game observations, and is color-coded. Seniors are in black, juniors previously on the team are in green, junior college transfers in their junior year are in purple, junior college transfers in their sophomore year are in […]

Read More Here

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
if you want to see how important this recruiting class is, look at the number of names in blue that could potentially declare early for the draft after next season....:eek2: on TideFans.com

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
if you want to see how important this recruiting class is, look at the number of names in blue that could potentially declare early for the draft after next season....:eek2: on TideFans.com
Just noticed something with the colors - there's no distinction between RS sophomores and true sophomores. Jess, is it worth the time to add a new color to show the distinction?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
It is a good thing that you are working on another insanely good recruiting class this year. It will also help if Lewis comes back. Really hope that Mack comes back.

Bama9001

1st Team
Sep 26, 2017
I'm sure this has been asked before, but, it would be really informative if this was expanded to include the depth chart for nickle and dime defenses.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Just noticed something with the colors - there's no distinction between RS sophomores and true sophomores. Jess, is it worth the time to add a new color to show the distinction?
I worry about what can go pro after this year in addition to our seniors,Buggs, Miller, Mosley, and Dwight.

DL: Williams and Davis (I expect both to go)
LB: Jennings, Wilson, and Lewis. (Not confident any of the 3 come back. )
DB: Smith, Thompson, Diggs. (I expect Smith and Diggs to come back)

I know we reload but we will likely be VERY thin at DL and LB next year. Thankfully the O should be once in a generation next year b/c we might need to score 50 to win several next year.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I worry about what can go pro after this year in addition to our seniors,Buggs, Miller, Mosley, and Dwight.

DL: Williams and Davis (I expect both to go)
LB: Jennings, Wilson, and Lewis. (Not confident any of the 3 come back. )
DB: Smith, Thompson, Diggs. (I expect Smith and Diggs to come back)

I know we reload but we will likely be VERY thin at DL and LB next year. Thankfully the O should be once in a generation next year b/c we might need to score 50 to win several next year.
Luckily, some of the younger DL guys are coming along. Ray and Mathis have made progress this year. Plus, look at the recruiting class. Bama is loading up on elite DL and DBs.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Luckily, some of the younger DL guys are coming along. Ray and Mathis have made progress this year. Plus, look at the recruiting class. Bama is loading up on elite DL and DBs.
Plus -- I think that Ben Davis is likely to come into his own next season

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Chris Allen and Anoma will be big factors next year at linebacker. Likewise for Ale Kaho and Jaylen Moody. In the secondary I think Mayden is an up and coming star. Shy Carter has had a great season as well and he will be back. LaBryan Ray will be an All American soon. Bank on it.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Chris Allen and Anoma will be big factors next year at linebacker. Likewise for Ale Kaho and Jaylen Moody. In the secondary I think Mayden is an up and coming star. Shy Carter has had a great season as well and he will be back. LaBryan Ray will be an All American soon. Bank on it.
Shy Carter really stepped up as of lately.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Shy Carter really stepped up as of lately.
IMO, he save the SECCG as much as Jalen did. If he doesn't knock away the 3rd down pass before the fake FG, Georgia has the ball in long FG range and a chance to run down the clock before kicking it. That one pass defense made everything that came afterward possible.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
IMO, both Diggs and Lewis will be back next year. They have a lot to prove still. Wilson is a ? but I hope he comes back. If not, I won't fault him.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
IMO, he save the SECCG as much as Jalen did. If he doesn't knock away the 3rd down pass before the fake FG, Georgia has the ball in long FG range and a chance to run down the clock before kicking it. That one pass defense made everything that came afterward possible.
Agree - in addition to that HUGe key play, he had several other big ones. I really hope we see him continue to grow and to become a leader. On one of the plays UGA scored on, he knew what was coming and was trying to get everyone to adjust, but the adjustment didn't happen and sure enough we gave up the score. Hopefully that gets stressed in film room - the guy knew wheat he was doing.

Bama9001

1st Team
Sep 26, 2017
Considering where we started, and then having the injury to Diggs, it's cool seeing the props for the young DBs. When I look at that depth chart now I see the defensive backfield as a big strong point for next year.

Atl Joe

1st Team
Nov 27, 2010
You're not kidding. It reminded me of the play Levi Wallace made against Riley Ridley late in the BCS Championship game. Both were most likely game savers.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.