Notre Dame should be seeded fourth

cubzwin

Suspended
Jan 30, 2018
If Alabama, Clemson and OU all win their final games and OU has an impressive win over Texas (i.e. exhibits that they have a pulse on defense) then I think ND should be the 4th seed. ND fans would go nuts but the committee is supposed to make an objective decision. As an Alabama fan, I would much rather play ND than OU.

CoachInWaiting

3rd Team
Nov 27, 2017
The committee can't keep all of the bias and outside noise out of the process. If OU wins Saturday, and Alabama does as well, the desire to match Tua against Murray will be too strong to do anything else. They also don't want ND eliminated in round 1, and they will see Clemson as about 5% more likely to lose to the Irish.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
It's exactly what I've been saying the rankings will look like come Sunday of those teams win out. ND will fall because a ranked team played another ranked team, regardless of conference championship, while ND did not.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
It's exactly what I've been saying the rankings will look like come Sunday of those teams win out. ND will fall because a ranked team played another ranked team, regardless of conference championship, while ND did not.

ND has an additional strike against them.
Everyone else is playing an additional game.
Lack of a conference game should bite ND on the butt.

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
I wouldnt. I want us to play in Dallas, and not Miami. Plus beating the domers would be sweet.
Who we play will not affect where we play. As the number 1 seed (just beat GA) we get get sent wherever is considered best for us. I think Dallas is closer.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Isn't dropping a spot a punishment? Resulting in Alabama vs ND (if we beat Georgia.)
ND has an additional strike against them.
Everyone else is playing an additional game.
Lack of a conference game should bite ND on the butt.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Who we play will not affect where we play. As the number 1 seed (just beat GA) we get get sent wherever is considered best for us. I think Dallas is closer.
Another reason I think ND would drop to 4. Otherwise, you have OU (if they win) playing essentially a home game in Dallas.

That's a definitive edge for the last place team.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Thats not correct. If the #4 has a clear geographical advantage then the #1 vs #4 game is played at the alternate site. That is mostly used in an event in which teams like Texas is the #4 seed and the Cotton Bowl is the semi final, but whether or not Oklahoma has a clear geographical advantage by playing in the Cotton Bowl is being debated. Most believe the committee will send us to Miami if we draw Oklahoma.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Another reason I think ND would drop to 4. Otherwise, you have OU (if they win) playing essentially a home game in Dallas.

That's a definitive edge for the last place team.

I'm relatively confident we would play in Miami if we played OU.

From the CFP website....

When assigning teams to the two sites, the selection committee will place the top two seeds at the most advantageous sites, weighing criteria such as convenience of travel for its fans, home-crowd advantage or disadvantage and general familiarity with the host city and its stadium. Preference will go to the No. 1 seed.
OU would have a clear home crowd advantage in Dallas.

That said flying to dallas is cheaper for me so I hope I'm wrong if we do play OU

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Thats not correct. If the #4 has a clear geographical advantage then the #1 vs #4 game is played at the alternate site. That is mostly used in an event in which teams like Texas is the #4 seed and the Cotton Bowl is the semi final, but whether or not Oklahoma has a clear geographical advantage by playing in the Cotton Bowl is being debated. Most believe the committee will send us to Miami if we draw Oklahoma.
Most are wrong. Dallas (Bryant Denny west) is where I think they'd send them solely for Bama being 1st, and that instead of them dumping OU into 4th they would take the easy choice and send ND that way.

Jerry dome....Bama vs ND. Come on....they'd build another level on the stadium for all the seats they'd sell.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
If Alabama, Clemson and OU all win their final games and OU has an impressive win over Texas (i.e. exhibits that they have a pulse on defense) then I think ND should be the 4th seed. ND fans would go nuts but the committee is supposed to make an objective decision. As an Alabama fan, I would much rather play ND than OU.
"I'm afraid for us to play OU, so this committee should help us out by making sure Clemson gets tired playing OU in the first round. Meanwhile, if I sit here and actually say unrelated stuff, nobody will notice that my motivation for this whole thing is my own personal fear of us losing to OU."

Did that adequately summarize it?

My view?

Better to get OU with the 3 weeks to prepare.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012

From the CFP website....

That said flying to dallas is cheaper for me so I hope I'm wrong if we do play OU
We're not disagreeing on the same thing.

If OU is 4th, then yes, I absolutely agree they don't play in Texas.

I'm saying that they will be ranked #3, so this isn't an issue.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Most are wrong. Dallas (Bryant Denny west) is where I think they'd send them solely for Bama being 1st, and that instead of them dumping OU into 4th they would take the easy choice and send ND that way.

Jerry dome....Bama vs ND. Come on....they'd build another level on the stadium for all the seats they'd sell.

Im hoping and praying for a UA vs ND game in Dallas for many reason, but the #1 is a for sure Dallas game

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL

From the CFP website....

Makes a lot of sense. I do agree, that it would give OU an advantage for us to play in Dallas.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.