Game Thread: Alabama at UCF (yes, that UCF)

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Petty makes one from 30, but we're still down 4 with 15 seconds left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Announcer wants to know if UCF can pull of the upset. I thought they were 5 to 6 point favorite?
They were.

I know it’s expected and Alabama has benefited from it this year, but a 20 FT attempt difference makes winning difficult.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
UCF wins 70-64. Just one of those games where every time we got in striking distance they’d sink a trey. I liked the effort and fight tonight, even in a loss, compared to the northeastern game. A few more shots fall and we could’ve stole this one..

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Agree that we had more talent. It looks like we need an alpha. I don't see a whole lotta leadership. Every great team always seems to have a who will take over when the game is on the line. We seem to have good kids, but no one takes ownership. But in our defense, 7'5 creates tons of offensive issues. You just cannot prepare for that height especially when he camps in the lane.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Agree that we had more talent. It looks like we need an alpha. I don't see a whole lotta leadership. Every great team always seems to have a who will take over when the game is on the line. We seem to have good kids, but no one takes ownership. But in our defense, 7'5 creates tons of offensive issues. You just cannot prepare for that height especially when he camps in the lane.
Can’t agree more. Need AJ jr, Dazon or someone to step up as “take charge” guys.

I know the game is a lot different these days but that is what I loved so much about the Bama teams of the past with Gary Waites, Terry Coner, etc.. Those guys were take charge types that would fight and scrap until the end.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
It seems to be the same dance. We win some and have some positive mojo flowing, and then we have a stinker (Northeastern). We win some and seem to be back in a good flow, and then we lose a stinker (UCF). At least we seemed to have some effort in this one. Get to back to work, fellas.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Hate to harp on this, but how can a team win when the opposition shoots more FTs in one half than it did in the entire game?

21-4 FT difference in the second half. That’s absurd.

Like I said earlier, it’s expected and Alabama benefits from it at times, too. Still find it completely wrong for the game.

The first 10 minutes of the game was more of a reason Alabama lost than FTs. I just would like to see some consistency.

If you woke up this morning and were told Alabama out rebounds by 17, has more bench points, second chance points, points in the paint, and more assists, you’re going to say Alabama wins, right?

Last edited:

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Hate to harp on this, but how can a team win when the opposition shoots more FTs in one half than it did in the entire game?

It's why I have such a hard time following the sport anymore. It's wrong. It's not bad officiating; it's malicious officiating.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
You are absolutely correct, we don't have an alpha. Colin was that guy last year. Retin was the guy 4 years ago. Hall should be the guy this year since he is a senior and the most experienced player on the team. I think Lewis will be that guy given some more time.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL

Like I said earlier, it’s expected and Alabama benefits from it at times, too. Still find it completely wrong for the game.

The first 10 minutes of the game was more of a reason Alabama lost than FTs. I just would like to see some consistency.

If you woke up this morning and were told Alabama out rebounds by 17, has more bench points, second chance points, points in the paint, and more assists, you’re going to say Alabama wins, right?

The officiating was about as bad as it could get last night with horrible calls on both sides of the court. UCF got away with 2 flagrant fouls that were called as regular fouls instead. I believe both of them were against Donta, the first when a UCF poppped him in the mouth with his elbow and the second when a UCF player grabbed him and slung him to the ground. The second might have been a bit of acting on Donta's part but the replay wasn't clear and it should have been a flagrant foul. I saw a few bad calls in our favor, once when Dazon (?) shot the ball and the UCF player blocked it cleanly and they called a foul on the UCF player. I agree with others that bad officiating makes it difficult to watch college basketball which is a shame because college basketball used to be so exciting.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.