ADMIN NOTE: New Feature - Forum Member of the Year Poll - Nomination Thread...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Is this still going to be a thing?
Yes. Not forgotten. I was just waiting for the post-season frenzy to die down a bit, including the Super Bowl. We have 22 nominees of a possible 25. I'll repost next week and give folks an opportunity to make three more, if anyone's interested. Then, we'll open it as a poll...

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I wonder if there is any way to measure the number of "Likes", "Thanks", etc for each poster.....over the course of the year.

Then -- (for the math nerds) -- take the number of Likes, Thanks, etc and divide by number of posts -- so you get a "positive response" per post made....

Might be interesting to see.....

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
What will be hard about this poll is some posters get on fire about certain topics and really shed a lot of light on things then they just cool off during other times of the year. Like when we were all talking about the QB battle, some people were really talking up certain aspects of both the QB's games. We have a lot of very good posters on here so this will be lots of fun to recognize them.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I wonder if there is any way to measure the number of "Likes", "Thanks", etc for each poster.....over the course of the year.

Then -- (for the math nerds) -- take the number of Likes, Thanks, etc and divide by number of posts -- so you get a "positive response" per post made....

Might be interesting to see.....
No, vB isn't sophisticated enough to enable that. In fact, there's no way to do some very simple things which would make our lives a lot easier. I suppose it would be possible to go through the public profiles of each and every member (30K) and add up the likes and thanks manually. I'm not volunteering for the task... :D

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
No, vB isn't sophisticated enough to enable that. In fact, there's no way to do some very simple things which would make our lives a lot easier. I suppose it would be possible to go through the public profiles of each and every member (30K) and add up the likes and thanks manually. I'm not volunteering for the task... :D
That sounds more like a job for one of our Non-Bama posters ;) -- maybe as a condition of future "employment"

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
We could just ask selma. He probably remembers all of it anyway.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
HAHA..Dadgum..That would be one heckuva task to tackle & no way in heck would I volunteer to do it either..LOL

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.