ADMIN NOTE: New Feature - Forum Member of the Year Poll - Nomination Thread...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I shamelessly ripped this idea off another forum, but it looked like fun. I'm going to set up the poll with ten nominations. I'll set the poll up with the first ten nominations and then we'll let her rip. Since December is upon us, We'll let the poll start today or tomorrow and run for the month of December. Place your nominations in this thread. The first 10 nominated will be placed in the poll...

Last edited:

Pilot172000

1st Team
Sep 25, 2017
Winnsboro, LA
Re: New Feature - Forum Member of the Month Poll...

Ah, you guys didn’t have to do that, but I proudly accept the first ever Poster of the Month!! Thanks so much it means a lot!!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

OK, another rule - for now, no staff, admins, mods, etc. (I'm making this up as we go and we may change this later.) :)

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian

Just a thought, but then at the end of next December, perhaps, and a little more difficult, MOTY selected?

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL

I wonder if we could use metrics for at least some of the nominations.

For example, is there a way to find the top five or so individual posts with the most likes and/or roll tides from the last month? We could use that for an automatic four or five nominations.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA

Folks, this is like the CFP committee. He can do anything he wants. :biggrin2:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I wonder if we could use metrics for at least some of the nominations.

For example, is there a way to find the top five or so individual posts with the most likes and/or roll tides from the last month? We could use that for an automatic four or five nominations.
That info is recorded onto individual profile pages. I'm not sure if it's possible with vB to summarize it. I wouldn't be surprised if the poll diverged subjectively from those stats, though...

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL

You will have to watch out for any "new" members that suddenly think one longtime poster is awesome and keep nominating them.
So, what I'm hearing is that you think we need a "DA Baxter rule"? :biggrin2:

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

You will have to watch out for any "new" members that suddenly think one longtime poster is awesome and keep nominating them.
Well, that will work for one nomination. Multiple nominations won't be allowed or counted...

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA

I wish we still had the Bama Nation football team.

Even though I don't post often enough any more to probably be included, it was fun to be a part of and read each poster's position when that would come out back in the day.

Forum member of the month will be fun as well.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

I'd nominate selmaborntidefan (is there going to be a separate nomination thread?). He does a lot of substantive posts, but I was pretty impressed with the work he put into his statistical prediction post.

Last edited:

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012

OK, another rule - for now, no staff, admins, mods, etc. (I'm making this up as we go and we may change this later.) :)
Solid idea. I do hope that the mods/admins entirely get to put their hats in the ring. There's a few good apples worthy of nomination in your motley crew.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.