ADMIN NOTE: New Feature - Forum Member of the Year Poll - Nomination Thread...
Page 1 of 9 12345678 ... LastLast

New Feature - Forum Member of the Year Poll - Nomination Thread...

I shamelessly ripped this idea off another forum, but it looked like fun. I'm going to set up the poll with ten nominations. I'll set the poll up with the first ten nominations and then we'll let her rip. Since December is upon us, We'll let the poll start today or tomorrow and run for the month of December. Place your nominations in this thread. The first 10 nominated will be placed in the poll...
    Last edited by TIDE-HSV; November 30th, 2018 at 03:26 PM.
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team

Re: New Feature - Forum Member of the Month Poll...

Ah, you guys didn’t have to do that, but I proudly accept the first ever Poster of the Month!! Thanks so much it means a lot!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

The traffic may be on an uptick! Roll Tide!

BamaNation Hall of Fame Go Bama's Avatar

I like it, shameless or not.

OK - new rule. You can't nominate yourself!
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Rat poison

OK, another rule - for now, no staff, admins, mods, etc. (I'm making this up as we go and we may change this later.)

BamaNation All-American FitToBeTide's Avatar

Just a thought, but then at the end of next December, perhaps, and a little more difficult, MOTY selected?

"When you are arguing against Him, you are arguing against the very power that makes you able to argue at all." C.S. Lewis

"Aim at Heaven and you will get Earth thrown in. Aim at Earth and you will get neither." C.S Lewis

BamaNation Hall of Fame uafan4life's Avatar

I wonder if we could use metrics for at least some of the nominations.

For example, is there a way to find the top five or so individual posts with the most likes and/or roll tides from the last month? We could use that for an automatic four or five nominations.
    I have yet to figure out why common sense and common courtesy are called common.
    - Unknown

Tradition is always under construction.
    - Nick Saban

BamaNation All-American ALA2262's Avatar

Folks, this is like the CFP committee. He can do anything he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by FitToBeTide View Post
    Just a thought, but then at the end of next December, perhaps, and a little more difficult, MOTY selected?
    I had already started to think in that direction...

Quote Originally Posted by uafan4life View Post
    I wonder if we could use metrics for at least some of the nominations.

For example, is there a way to find the top five or so individual posts with the most likes and/or roll tides from the last month? We could use that for an automatic four or five nominations.
    That info is recorded onto individual profile pages. I'm not sure if it's possible with vB to summarize it. I wouldn't be surprised if the poll diverged subjectively from those stats, though...

BamaNation Hall of Fame seebell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    OK - new rule. You can't nominate yourself!
    Darn!!