President George H. W. Bush has passed

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I heard a podcast about that not long ago. He went and watched a battle against the advice of his staff. Eisenhower went to Korea during the war.
I did not know thias, but Ike went to Korea after the election, but before taking office.
I think Madison actually led some troops during the siege of Washington during the War of 1812.
I thought he skedaddled before the Brits arrived, but I see he was present at the disgraceful affair at Bladensburg and was nearly captured in the rout of the Maryland and DC militia.

Well, before the British occupation, the president's house had been pink and it had to be white-washed to cover the scorch marks, so if the U.S. had not lost this battle the president's residence would be the Pink House.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I did not know thias, but Ike went to Korea after the election, but before taking office.

I thought he skedaddled before the Brits arrived, but I see he was present at the disgraceful affair at Bladensburg and was nearly captured in the rout of the Maryland and DC militia.

Well, before the British occupation, the president's house had been pink and it had to be white-washed to cover the scorch marks, so if the U.S. had not lost this battle the president's residence would be the Pink House.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.