For those headed to the game...keep your head on a swivel! (Crooks + Traffic)

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
One of the reasons, especially when I travel, if I use an atm or a credit card scanner, I always grab it and give it a good, vigorous shake. I never unconsciously swipe a card.

Saw some surveillance video a few months back taken from a convenience store in the Birmingham area. Guy walks in, distracts the cashier by getting him to search for something on the back counter behind them. In the blink on an eye, he slips the skimmer over the credit reader on the counter. He then “mills around” in the store for a few minutes. In the meantime about 4-5 people came in and used the card reader. The crook then asks the cashier for a pack of cigarettes behind him. When he turns his back, he slides the skimmer off the card reader, purchases the cigarettes and walks out the door.

In ten minutes the guy has access to a handful of peoples’ credit card info and on to the next set of victims.

Additionally, situational awareness is your friend. If you sense something feels “wrong” or you get a bad feeling about the circumstances around you, don’t second guess. Trust your gut and remove yourself from that situation

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.