Game Thread: The Red River Shootout in Jerry’s World. OU v Texas II

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Defense played aggressive all half until the last drive, then they were afraid of Murray running. You can’t give Murray that kind of time! Jeez. I hate prevent defenses

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Texas won't stop OU by rushing 3 guys and letting Murray direct his receivers where to go.
They really weren’t trying to rush , just trying to keep Murray in front of them. If you mush rush you have to collapse the ends, while keeping outside contain. Texas has a spy, he should clean up an escape attempt most of the time.

BTW, THIS GAME IS OVER

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
There are probably 3 teams capable of beating Oklahoma by playing Oklahoma’s pace and they are Bama, Clemson, and UGA. Now why on earth do these Big XII teams play quick and dangerous against them with lesser talent is beyond me. Texas the whole first quarter ( aside from the trick play) had Oklahoma on pace to a 14 point beating. Now it’s more likely Texas is going to lose by 3 tds. If they let Murray go down the field on them on this first drive then you might as well pack it up.

WishIwasInBama

1st Team
Jul 17, 2005
Okinawa Japan
watching this game is like playing NCAA on playstation. There were always certain plays that were guaranteed to work. if you get to 3rd and long just throw it up hail marry style, seems like PI gets called about 75% of the time

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Didn't even look like Texas was trying on that drive. I think that their defense is mailing it in already. They were at least trying in the first half.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.