Game Thread: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama v. The Puppies...

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
Murf Baldwin was a LB at Georgia and has covered SEC football for Saturday Down South and has begun doing videos as Top Billing Sports. He did several plays during the game looking at Georgia defense and offensive schemes. It demonstrates very well why Tua could not find a receiver on a number of plays and some of the good match ups Georgia was able to achieve in their passing game. Posting the link only as Murf uses some borderline language.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSPs_jR_HFk

Murf Baldwin was a LB at Georgia and has covered SEC football for Saturday Down South and has begun doing videos as Top Billing Sports. He did several plays during the game looking at Georgia defense and offensive schemes. It demonstrates very well why Tua could not find a receiver on a number of plays and some of the good match ups Georgia was able to achieve in their passing game. Posting the link only as Murf uses some borderline language.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSPs_jR_HFk
Truthfully, Tua was able to find receivers. Way too many drops. Plus he hit Waddle in stride for a TD.

UAllday

3rd Team
Jan 17, 2018
I didn't think it was a horse collar, but it was definitely tackling a guy around the neck. Why didn't the dawg just do a normal tackle. Looked he was trying to cause an injury. The one that was almost a horse collar was on Waddle's TD run. The Georgia guy couldn't quite get if but he definitely grabbed right for the horse collar area.
It appears to be a new(ish)? tackling technique. I noticed both teams do it, especially when a guy was streaking down the sideline, must be a way to keep head and neck completely out of it by grabbing the opponents shoulder pads and spinning them down

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
So,so glad we didn't lose the game and possibly finding ourselves in the Mack Brown/Texas mode of, "if Colt (Tua) hadn't got hurt...". :eek:

Thanks, Jalen and to all the guys. RTR!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I didn't think it was a horse collar, but it was definitely tackling a guy around the neck. Why didn't the dawg just do a normal tackle. Looked he was trying to cause an injury. The one that was almost a horse collar was on Waddle's TD run. The Georgia guy couldn't quite get if but he definitely grabbed right for the horse collar area.
The 2017 rule says "the area of the nameplate." You cannot tackle a guy around the neck and spin him around without coming into contact with that area, and achieves exactly what the rule was written to punish - yanking a man down by his head and shoulders...

Edit: On stop-motion, it appears that he finished the tackle with the inside of the shoulder pad collar. However, the back judge didn't have the benefit of stop-motion, so it happened so fast, he just didn't see it...

Last edited:

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
A quick analysis of Jalen's work by Murf Baldwin. Some of us may not realize what a great performance Jalen put together!

How King Jalen Hurts Stole UGA's Soul. Again minor language infractions for those who may be offended.

[Admin: link removed, but you can search Youtube for "Bama X&O's: How KING Jalen Hurts STOLE UGA's SOUL!!!"]

Last edited by a moderator:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Rematched the end of the game and something hit me - all season long it's seemed like as soon as Jalen came in, the energy level of the team dropped noticeably. When Hurts came in Sat night, nothing changed - routes were still crisp, runa t full speed, players worked to get open when plays broke down, etc.

Not sure what it means - maybe it's just the difference in playing in a game that's not a blowout. Or maybe I've just been imagining things, but it sure seemed different Sat night.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Rematched the end of the game and something hit me - all season long it's seemed like as soon as Jalen came in, the energy level of the team dropped noticeably. When Hurts came in Sat night, nothing changed - routes were still crisp, runa t full speed, players worked to get open when plays broke down, etc.

Not sure what it means - maybe it's just the difference in playing in a game that's not a blowout. Or maybe I've just been imagining things, but it sure seemed different Sat night.
after jalen hit that pass to irv, i told my wife we were going to win, you could just feel it. she was screaming as loud as i was when jalen split the puppies and ran in for that td. we scared our daughter and she told us we needed to use our inside voices. ;)

Last edited:

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
A buddy in ATL told me that Matt "Cold as ice" Ryan had his worst passing game, in his career, yesterday.

Guess the mojo was still in the stadium.

"Just wait until next year....................."

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu

Incredible to think that all of our 3rd down conversions came with Jalen in. Such a huge, pressure packed moment and he killed it.

It's so story book the way things played out, all the strange similarities and near-brushes with defeat. At the end of it all, it adds yet another layer to the fantastic tapestry this dynasty has concocted.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.