Game Thread: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama v. The Puppies...

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Apologies if this has been posted but how the heck does this happen: Georgia and Alabama have played 120 minutes in the past two games. Georgia has led or been tied for 119 of those minutes and lost both games. Lol just how.

Put another way; there have been 290 total plays in Alabama and Georgia’s last 2 games. Alabama has led for 9 plays (3%) and won both games..
I've seen this two or three times and told it to several people, but it's just almost impossible to believe.

I honestly don't know if I could take it if the shoe was on the other foot. So close two years in a row and then throw in 2012 to boot and we've robbed them of 2 NC and this year could be a 3rd.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
I've seen this two or three times and told it to several people, but it's just almost impossible to believe.

I honestly don't know if I could take it if the shoe was on the other foot. So close two years in a row and then throw in 2012 to boot and we've robbed them of 2 NC and this year could be a 3rd.
Yeah, kinda like the Notre Dame bowl game crap with NC implications that we had to endure back in the 70's. So close...

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL

If you add in the 2012 game, it comes to 6 of 180 minutes and 25 of 311 plays that Alabama has led, winning 3 of 3, taking national championship aspirations in every one.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
I wonder if Jalen feels like he's won back the starting position based on his performance in the SECG and if that will be an issue if Tua is able to play against OU?

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama

We've only robbed them of one NC. The other two, we robbed them of the opportunity to win the NC.

MobileCrimson

1st Team
Feb 27, 2014
I wonder if Jalen feels like he's won back the starting position based on his performance in the SECG and if that will be an issue if Tua is able to play against OU?
He shut that down in the interview he gave when they asked him about the playoffs. He said as a backup QB he always prepares to answer the call if needed. There was no insinuation that he expected to be the starter.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
I awoke this am -- and still cannot believe we won that game. Watched again last night...we were so "out of sorts" that only our "will" held us in there...I realized again that players like JH are so used to winning that they expect to make the plays and win the game.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
If you add in the 2012 game, it comes to 6 of 180 minutes and 25 of 311 plays that Alabama has led, winning 3 of 3, taking national championship aspirations in every one.
That’s like reaching in and ripping out a still beating heart (figuratively speaking, of course).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
That’s like reaching in and ripping out a still beating heart (figuratively speaking, of course).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reminds me of Larry Munson: “Our hearts, that were torn out and bleeding..we picked it up, and we stuck it back inside!”

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
We've only robbed them of one NC. The other two, we robbed them of the opportunity to win the NC.
Did you watch the 2012 game against ND?

No way Georgia would have not done the same thing to ND.

Yes, we definitely have 2 NCs they were razor close to winning.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Why is that really necessary? Isn't a low opinion is more fun!
I hoped that the rivalry could be raised a couple of notches, just as I hoped with the UT regime change. However, you're still left with a whining fan base which claims they've been officiated out of a championship because the SEC HQs are located in B'ham. Damn! I wish we could get them relocated to Nashville or Atlanta or even NOLA, just so they could learn that it doesn't make a damned bit of difference...

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
The instant that Blankenship missed the easy field goal is when I knew when were still in it. I was a bit unsure when Tua went out but Jalen was a boss. Just an unbelievable ending.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.