Link: Kirby Smart: “... don’t want to play us in CFB”

editder

All-SEC
Nov 2, 2017
I agree with you concerning the guy "on the other sideline" statement. The guy "on the other sideline" helped make smart a multi millionaire and he needs to remember that every day.
I don't know why CNS keeps treating him so graciously when he's making disrespectful comments like that.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Yep, I went back and watched that point of the game and looked for the "right look" stuff he was trying to sell in the post game presser. If the "right look" was there, it wasn't there long enough to run the play. But he's bound and determine to die on the hill of defending that call. Bless his heart.
here are stills of that play, when CBS cut back to the field after replaying the previous play there was 16 seconds left on the play clock, every Georgia player was covered on the perimeter. These photos were taken as soon as the SEC logo was removed from the middle of the screen on the CBS broadcast. You can clearly see with 14 seconds on the play clock, the Bama defense is on the field , and Christian Miller and Mack Wilson are clearly pointing out Justin Fields to the rest of the defense. At that point, Kirby should of called a timeout. Kirby said Bama left Swift in covered at first, you can’t see that on the broadcast, but as soon as the ball is snapped it looks like Georgia is running some kind of speed option that was blown up by Miller and Buggs , so he turned back inside. He never looked to throw. Kirby was lying or Fields ran the wrong play.
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
here are stills of that play, when CBS cut back to the field after replaying the previous play there was 16 seconds left on the play clock, every Georgia player was covered on the perimeter. These photos were taken as soon as the SEC logo was removed from the middle of the screen on the CBS broadcast. You can clearly see with 14 seconds on the play clock, the Bama defense is on the field , and Christian Miller and Mack Wilson are clearly pointing out Justin Fields to the rest of the defense. At that point, Kirby should of called a timeout. Kirby said Bama left Swift in covered at first, you can’t see that on the broadcast, but as soon as the ball is snapped it looks like Georgia is running some kind of speed option that was blown up by Miller and Buggs , so he turned back inside. He never looked to throw. Kirby was lying or Fields ran the wrong play.
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
They telegraphed that play so blatantly that Stevie Wonder called it......Kirby has no one to blame but himself for that bone headed error

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
yeah kirby is full of it. i don't think many jawjuh folks are buying his explanation.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Very true, but what rubbed me the wrong way was in his press conference after the game he was complaining that we didn't have to play in the SECCG last year and got in. Why bring up what happened last year when it's irrelevant to this year under a completely different set of circumstances.
Plus Bama had only one loss last year - an inconvenient fact Dumb doesn’t mention - and if Georgia had only the loss in the SECCG, they’d probably be in the playoffs.
I’m calling him Kirby Dumb from now on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
I’m calling him Kirby Dumb from now on.

When he took the Georgia head coach job, I wondered how many seasons it would take for the Smart-Dumb reference and various other references to the Kirby vacuum cleaner started to circulate!

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I don't know why CNS keeps treating him so graciously when he's making disrespectful comments like that.
One thing you can take to the bank - he ain’t forgetting it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.