Could Bama Fatigue help Georgia get into the playoff?

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
If the commitee puts them in it will be the ultimate compliment for this Alabama team. Think about it. A 2 loss, non conference team losing a game that propels them higher in the polls?

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
It is going to be Oklahoma; I think Ga beats the sooners if they play, but I agree losses mean something. Oklahoma beat the only team they lost to. Ga has two losses. A one loss Ga team would clearly get in. And Ga kinda choked again; that has to mean something. It is only fair to give others a shot at Bama. Personally, I would love to see a rematch with Ga. I think it would be another exciting game, and I like the entertainment. Ga is just as strong and physical as Bama, have better outside linebackers; difference would be a Tua who can move though. And it would be worth the price of admission to see the meltdown over a two loss sec team getting in over two conference champtions with one fewer loss. But it ain't happing. I think they will put Ga 5 and OHio St. 6.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
I just heard someone say on Clemson's game, think it was Herbie, that he thinks UGA goes to #3 and ND goes to #4. I think he smoked something.
Yes, it was Herbstreit. He put up his new top 4, and he moved Georgia up to #3. He said the 2 losses shouldn't matter if they are looking at the 4 best teams, and that would be his new top 4. I just don't see the committee doing it.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Another thing I saw at halftime, and don't remember if it was Fox or ABC, one of their halftime guys says Notre Dame shouldn't even be the top 4. They should be tossed for not having to play the extra game.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Another thing I saw at halftime, and don't remember if it was Fox or ABC, one of their halftime guys says Notre Dame shouldn't even be the top 4. They should be tossed for not having to play the extra game.
They definitely aren’t one of the 4 best teams but they’ll make it because of who they are. They should be #4 though, not 3.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ReturnToGlory

All-American
Nov 22, 2006
Blakely, Georgia
Guys, remember, part of the reason that GA stayed so close in this game was the play of Alabama. Sure, GA played lights out, but Alabama played like crap for much of the game. IMO, you made them look better than they really are. And, if you play them again, I think that you will kill them.
This is it. Bama did everything they could do to get beat in this game and somehow won. Really, the last two games we played against them, we did not play well for at least half the game.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Meh, they have 2 losses. Yes, those losses were to very good schools, but their only two games against top 10 teams are losses. They got 2 bites at that apple and lost both games. Win either one of those games and they are in.
I agree that they had their chances to win games just like everyone else. They have a solid team, but I don't think great teams lose by 20 to a three loss team. Georgia played very well last night, and we played poorly most of the game, but we found a way to win. Winning on the field matters more than any "metrics or eye test" to me. Would UGA beat ND or OU or Clemson? Maybe, maybe not, but it is simply speculation either way, and UGA had their chances to prove they belonged and didn't take care of business. Of course, as always, that is just my humble opinion, and I'm sure we will hear all kinds of opinions about this topic.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
No. There is no way the committee puts in a two loss non conference winner over two one loss conference winners.
It’s not happening, people.
Georgia folded in the fourth quarter last night - outscored 14-0 when it mattered most. They WERE one of the four best, but not after last night.
Could they beat OSU, OU or ND? Maybe - but so could UCF. (I watched part of their game last night - they are better than ND IMO.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
No, because Bama fatigue is a myth made up by Alabama fans to endow themselves with a persecution complex.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.