Could Bama Fatigue help Georgia get into the playoff?

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
My wife just made an interesting point. What if the current feeling of Bama Fatigue combined with Georgia's showing tonight actually causes people - specifically committee members - to want to put Georgia in the playoff because that might be the only way to see Bama lose?

It's an interesting thought.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The committee has no Bama fatigue. If anything, they love Alabama. If GA gets in, it will be their belief in Alabama that puts them in.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
I'll say this: If Georgia isn't in the playoff, I don't ever want to hear the CFP Committee Chairman ever tout the mantra of "just the four best teams" ever again.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

chuaner

Scout Team
Aug 26, 2008
If they are in they will be no.4 and face Bama again in the semi-final.

They have no new thing to prepare and we have a month. Do you want really want to see them choke again 3 time within a year?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I'll say this: If Georgia isn't in the playoff, I don't ever want to hear the CFP Committee Chairman ever tout the mantra of "just the four best teams" ever again.

Meh, they have 2 losses. Yes, those losses were to very good schools, but their only two games against top 10 teams are losses. They got 2 bites at that apple and lost both games. Win either one of those games and they are in.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Meh, they have 2 losses. Yes, those losses were to very good schools, but their only two games against top 10 teams are losses. They got 2 bites at that apple and lost both games. Win either one of those games and they are in.
How do you think the Buckeyes or Sooners or even Domers would fare against them?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
How do you think the Buckeyes or Sooners or even Domers would fare against them?
I don't know, because they lost to the only 2 teams ranked this high so far, I'd say that it is not a given that they would beat either.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
I don't know, because they lost to the only 2 teams ranked this high so far, I'd say that it is not a given that they would beat either.
Not a given - of course not.

But if you were forced to put $1000 on one of the teams in each of those matchups, are you really putting less than two grand on the Dawgs?

I don't think so.

RTR2u

Hall of Fame
Nov 30, 2013
Georgia
I just heard someone say on Clemson's game, think it was Herbie, that he thinks UGA goes to #3 and ND goes to #4. I think he smoked something.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Guys, remember, part of the reason that GA stayed so close in this game was the play of Alabama. Sure, GA played lights out, but Alabama played like crap for much of the game. IMO, you made them look better than they really are. And, if you play them again, I think that you will kill them.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Guys, remember, part of the reason that GA stayed so close in this game was the play of Alabama. Sure, GA played lights out, but Alabama played like crap for much of the game. IMO, you made them look better than they really are. And, if you play them again, I think that you will kill them.
At some point a ‘crap game’ catches up with you.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I agree ... stuff that happened especially was totally uncharistic of this season's team. And at the same time Murry could do no wrong. Hard to see them having two bad games to the same opponent.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
At some point a ‘crap game’ catches up with you.
I think that this game is exactly what Alabama players needed to wake them up. A close win, pulling victory from the jaws of defeat. A reminder that they can lose any game in which they are not totally focused.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
I think it’s funny to see people argue that Georgia should actually move up in the rankings for losing a game. Do losses have no meaning anymore? I think that is a bit of Bama fatigue. Or at least people just expect us to trash every team we play. It’s like after 2015 you’d have thought that Clemson won the national Championship game with all the props they got for playing us close. Hate to break it to some, but they lost. Why do they deserve to get a rematch after losing to the only two top 10 teams they played, when a team like Oklahoma just beat the only team that beat them in the regular season. The party is over as far as I am concerned.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.