What's your prediction for the Final Four?

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Haha, you are so cynical. I do agree that OSU jumping TCU was some blue-blood privilege. Anticipated revenue certainly could have played a roll.

The others, I can’t really recall who got left out, although I think OSU has been left out once or twice to teams like Washington who they were probably better than. I fully expected them to put Bama-Georgia together for round 1 last year due to SEC vs SEC, and the potential reduced viewing interest in a inter-conference, regional NC game. But they didn’t.

I was never for the playoff, but it has certainly helped us win at least 1 NC. What it is starting to turn into though imo is the same 5-6 team’s every post season. Clemson played OU in the semis in both 2015 and 2016. We have played Clemson 3 out of 4 times. Really the only rotating team has been #4. This year it looks like it could be Clemson-OU and/or Clemson- Bama AGAIN. The matchups are just getting...old.

I am cynical, I make no bones about it.

Money makes the world go round.

The playoff is going to turn CFB into Premiere League soccer. But the truth - if one looks closely at national titles - is that it was already that.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
It's gonna be
1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Notre Dame
4. Oklahoma

Only question is if some of us here are right and we play in Miami not Dallas
It shouldn't be this - based upon the CFP Committee's mandate - but I think it will be this. And, with my luck, we'll be playing in Miami. :rolleyes:

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
However, if you look closer, they go for the guaranteed money.

2014 - Alabama vs Ohio State (NOT TCU)

And if we had won, it would have been the "everyone wants to see" Oregon-Alabama game

2015 - Alabama vs Old Coach's First Team, a showdown if OU won

(To be fair - this is the ONE time I might agree with you)

2016 - set up a potential rematch no matter what happened, either Alabama-Clemson or Alabama-Ohio St (nobody seriously thought Washington was going to win)

2017 - took the guaranteed money Clemson-Alabama in round one and set up either an All-SEC in Atlanta (BIG MONEY for tickets), Clemson-UGA (also big ticket money since it's in SC), or even OU-Alabama blue bloods match

This time around?

Alabama-Notre Dame is GUARANTEED money.
Alabama-Clemson IV is GUARANTEED money.
Alabama-Oklahoma is GUARANTEED money.

How do you set that up?

Match us up with the Irish and it's win/win so long as we win the game.
Then we get the Tua/Murray OR we get Round IV.

They'll insist it has nothing to do with it, but they're lying.
To make your point, where did the committee choose a worse team for bigger money?

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I would laugh so hard if Notre Dame gets moved to 5 or 6 and they put both Oklahoma and Ohio State in.
If they just want the best 5 based on eye test it'll be

Bama
Clemson
Georgia
tOSU

ND is the only team on the list that OU can beat if the tOSU that played Michigan shows up.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Some of these guys won't really come out and say it.

Georgia's problem is NOT that they "did not win their conference."

Georgia's problem is they got blown out by a 3-loss LSU team.

Had Georgia won that game but lost as they did yesterday, they would be in the playoff.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Some of these guys won't really come out and say it.

Georgia's problem is NOT that they "did not win their conference."

Georgia's problem is they got blown out by a 3-loss LSU team.

Had Georgia won that game but lost as they did yesterday, they would be in the playoff.
Exactly.

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
This year is pretty much a slam dunk on what the committee will do:

1) Alabama
2) Clemson
3) ND
4) Oklahoma

5) tOSU
6) UGA
I don't think the committee will leave ND at #3. I think it's pretty evident they are by far the weakest team. Clemson should not be rewarded with the weakest participant.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
One of the up sides to having Bama undefeated is that it takes the pressure off Greg McElroy in picking Greg's top four. Even he can't justify leaving us out now.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
It has to be this:
Bama
Klempson
Oklahoma
Notre Dame

ND is clearly the weakest team in the field and didn’t have to play a tough team yesterday. Bama should be rewarded by getting to play ND in the first round.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
My guess...

1. Bama vs 4. Notre Dame Cotton Bowl

2. Clemson vs 3. Oklahoma Orange Bowl

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
If they just want the best 5 based on eye test it'll be

Bama
Clemson
Georgia
tOSU

ND is the only team on the list that OU can beat if the tOSU that played Michigan shows up.
Not to my eyes because my eyes saw OSU get whipped by Purdue and UGA lose twice, once by 20. Both of those teams are good, but my eyes saw results on the field.

Now, about this show today- it is four hours long. Does anyone know if they will list the teams and then talk about it, or do they wait until the end before making the announcements? I don't plan to watch this for four hours, so does anyone know?

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Not to my eyes because my eyes saw OSU get whipped by Purdue and UGA lose twice, once by 20. Both of those teams are good, but my eyes saw results on the field.

Now, about this show today- it is four hours long. Does anyone know if they will list the teams and then talk about it, or do they wait until the end before making the announcements? I don't plan to watch this for four hours, so does anyone know?
Teams are announced at 1130 central time

12Namath12

Suspended
Sep 24, 2016
Birmingham
If you are watching the selection show on ESPN, David Pollack looks like Jim Carrey from the movie Dumb and Dumber...:biggrin2:

Here is my 4:

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Notre Dame
4. Oklahoma

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.