This keeps getting better somehow

cmmiller711

All-American
Nov 24, 2006
Birmingham, AL
When Saban said "this is not the end; this is the beginning", I, like most everyone else around here, thought that was the most exciting sentence i'd ever heard. The thing is, I didnt really believe or understand what it was that that actually meant. If you had told me in Jan 09 when that "DYNASTY" Sports Illustrated cover came out, what "DYNASTY" would really turn out to mean... I would have thought you delusional.

I can legitimately name every loss alabama has had in the last 10 years with basically no effort whatsoever. Bama has played exactly 2 regular season games without national title implications in the last decade. they've only played 5 games period over that time with no national title implications. No 10 year era by any school in the history of college football can touch that stat. It's impossible for me to wrap my mind around the scope of it.

Yet, somehow, since tua came in the game against UGA way back in January of this year, it has gotten better. I think it's really easy to just want the next ring and the next ring and the next heisman etc. IMO its important to appreciate what has really happened here.

The greatest
defensive X's and O's college coach ever, who also happens to be maybe the greatest recruiter ever, who also happens to be maybe the best in game adjuster ever, came to the most tradition laden university ever, and it exceeded expectations.

This is the Golden Age. These are the Good Ole Days. And after 5 NC's in 9 years, and bamas only 2 heisman winners (both who also won NC's btw.), it's still getting better.

Roll Tide, ya'll. What a ride this is.

Last edited:

M2J

All-American
Jan 28, 2007
I remember being on campus back in 07, and listening to Finebaum biting my nails for any idea as to who our coach would be and never really thinking we could get Saban. Having the likes of RichRod change their mind, Tedford not take the job, ESPN laughing during the entire search much in the way that people did with Tennessee last year (though, that truly was embarrassing). This after, the entire 03 coaching debacles (when I first stepped on campus).

Trust me, I'm enjoying every second of this, and have been for over a decade now.

Ask my wife, who goes to visit her mother on Saturdays in the Fall.

It's unreal, how lucky we were to have this perfect storm, considering where this program was, and not only that...how dominant this conference already was while we were essentially out of the hunt.

Saban is certainly the special sauce in this feast, but the entire department and University, and fanbase, and especially every player, that has completely bought into his culture, and doing whatever it takes to be supportive of what it takes to build our team into a dynasty.....and creating that legacy that will ultimately carry on this tradition at some point in the future with a new regime. But Ultimately building the Crimson Tide brand into something that will always be number 1 in this sport. Much like the great coaches and regimes in the past (that have their status on campus next to Saban) have up to that point in 07, where the name Saban and Alabama created such a perfect storm.

RTR!!!:BigA:

ROTYDE

All-American
Nov 10, 2003
Muscle Shoals got the Swampers
"Who did you talk to at the crossroads?" my friend asks me. He said Alabama sold its soul and now is reaping the reward, but our day will come. I just shake my head and say dont be a hater.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
"Who did you talk to at the crossroads?" my friend asks me. He said Alabama sold its soul and now is reaping the reward, but our day will come. I just shake my head and say dont be a hater.
Tell your buddy Bama sold it's soul to Paul Bryant years ago and the reward was Saban.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Yes, I have a feeling that many others think that way about us, but that is what I like most about Coach Saban- he seems to not only win but win the right way. He bases things on his process and working hard instead of results and taking short cuts. I'm not a win at all costs kind of person, so I appreciate the planning and hard work that has gone into making us the best dynasty in college football history. I hope we can clean up our mistakes from yesterday and play to our capabilities in the CFP.

tidegrandpa

All-American
I remember being on campus back in 07, and listening to Finebaum biting my nails for any idea as to who our coach would be and never really thinking we could get Saban. Having the likes of RichRod change their mind, Tedford not take the job, ESPN laughing during the entire search much in the way that people did with Tennessee last year (though, that truly was embarrassing). This after, the entire 03 coaching debacles (when I first stepped on campus).

Trust me, I'm enjoying every second of this, and have been for over a decade now.

Ask my wife, who goes to visit her mother on Saturdays in the Fall.

It's unreal, how lucky we were to have this perfect storm, considering where this program was, and not only that...how dominant this conference already was while we were essentially out of the hunt.

Saban is certainly the special sauce in this feast, but the entire department and University, and fanbase, and especially every player, that has completely bought into his culture, and doing whatever it takes to be supportive of what it takes to build our team into a dynasty.....and creating that legacy that will ultimately carry on this tradition at some point in the future with a new regime. But Ultimately building the Crimson Tide brand into something that will always be number 1 in this sport. Much like the great coaches and regimes in the past (that have their status on campus next to Saban) have up to that point in 07, where the name Saban and Alabama created such a perfect storm.

RTR!!!:BigA:
I was always at work, following the coaching hunt, reading you guys hand wringing over new coach choice, I was on another forum, (until they wanted money to type words).

I subscribed to Miami Herald sports updates for Saban news on a hunch that Mal was dead serious. Sure made drunk girl who hugged Saban at airport when he arrived look brilliant.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
The running joke in my circles is Saban indeed sold his soul in exchange for incredible talent, staff, drive, and recruiting each year. But, no matter what.....he'd never get a kicker

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.