How your superstition helped win the game - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team Snake 4 Bama's Avatar

Re: How your superstition helped win the game

I turned down an invite to a watch party. I did not want any distractions. I forgot to put my Bama hat on until the forth quarter and it seemed to help. I felt like I played in the game this morning.

BamaNation All-SEC

How your superstition helped win the game

I changed to the shirt I wore during the iron bowl after the last UGA TD. Sorry for the slow response under adversity.

I also didnít sit down the entire fourth quarter.

BamaNation All-SEC

Well, I'm usually banished to my office to watch games, and I have this old crimson ALABAMA tee shirt I wear. I don't know how old it is, but it's old. I have my tv clicker arranged in a certain way, and I have a special knock if we need a big play. I also don't eat during games. I have eaten one time during games, and that was Ole Miss two years ago. I was watching the game on the road, and we were down 24-3. They had pizza, so I said, what the hell, not eating isn't working. I had some pizza and we came back and won 48-43.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

I wore two winning T-shirts, and the same hat I have worn only on game day for 2 years.

DON'T MESS WITH SUCCESS.

This little elephant is the key. It was posted on the CRS Forum at halftime.

I stayed the course with my usual lucky Bama t-shirt. It has served me and the team well all season, being quite instrumental in helping Bama win. I thought about changing it when we went 3 and out to open the second half, but I had faith the shirt would prevail. I kept it on, and I'm glad I did. I believe it was my lucky t-shirt that caused Kirby to run the 4th and 11 play at mid-field. There was just something about how the shirt was tugging at my gut just prior to the play. But it may have been all the BBQ chicken and potato salad I had eaten. Signs like that are rather subtle and hard to read.

BamaNation First Team

I have a pair of lucky socks that are 26-0. The one time I didnít wear them was last years Iton bowl. Lesson learned....

BamaNation Hall of Fame Al A Bama's Avatar

I wore my 20 to 25 year old long sleeve white Alabama Crimson Tide T-shirt that has holes in the sleeves. That long sleeved T-shirt was 12 - 0 this season and to me was/is as good as the day I bought it. I've thought about INVESTING in a NEW one to help the American/Alabama ECONOMY, but why? Why waste money, since it is a winner? At halftime I thought about ripping that sucker off. At the end of the 3rd quarter, I was really ready to RIP it off and put on a hooded Alabama Crimson Tide Sweatshirt! But since that raggedy T-shirt was 12 - 0, there was NO WAY I was going to take a chance, so I kept it on. Now, it is 13 - 0 this season!

I did stand near the TV during the final 5 to 7 minutes serving as the 12th Man on DEFENSE. Well, I did serve as a 12th man on OFFENSE also, but the SEC Refs did not see me on OFFENSE or DEFENSE. I'll bet you didn't see my hand swat away that last pass with 03, 02, 01 seconds left! Or did you?

That long sleeved holy White with Crimson letters T-shirt will be going for 14 - 0 and hopefully 15 - 0 for the season. When we win the National Championship, you can THANK ME and that Holy T-Shirt! Now, let me describe that T-shirt. It's OLD. It's white with Crimson letters. Alabama on the front with that awesome Script A, the most beautiful A in God's alphabet, and Crimson Tide down the left sleeve. Now, if we do go 15 - 0, I could send it back to Tuscaloosa to be placed in the Coach Bryant Museum, but only if BamaNation sends me a new one like it that has about the same letters. You know the one with the Roll Tide down one of the sleeves. I'm actually not sure this shirt can last another year.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

BamaNation Hall of Fame Al A Bama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot172000 View Post
    I have a pair of lucky socks that are 26-0. The one time I didn’t wear them was last years Iton bowl. Lesson learned....
    So, we can BLAME YOU for that loss on the Plains of West Georgia last year!
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by CraigD View Post
    Thanks for the thread. At halftime I realized that I had not put on a Bama shirt. I put one on at halftime and the game turned around. Youíre welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So you are responsible for Tua losing the Heisman then?

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Al A Bama View Post
    So, we can BLAME YOU for that loss on the Plains of West Georgia last year!
    Yes, I can confirm this. Coach Saban called me and told me his boys needed a break to heal up before the Semifinal so I went barefoot for last years Iron Bowl. It was tough, but I did it for the team.

My son and my game day beer of choice is Omegang Three Philosophers. My wife and I were in Atlanta for a concert Friday night, and at dinner, i tried my first Scofflaw IPA and was bowled over. So I picked up a six pack of my new fave on Saturday morning and had one in my glass at kick-off. My son, a great respecter of the streak, dutifully drank his Omegang and kept the game close. Seeing the error of my ways, I poured my own and hoped for the best. The hop angels above were listening. I will never make that foolish mistake again.

BamaNation All-SEC tidefan39817's Avatar

switched from Tennessee whiskey to a single malt 12 year old Maclallan Scottish whiskey....also switched hats...