How your superstition helped win the game - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: How your superstition helped win the game

Quote Originally Posted by RedWave View Post
    So you are responsible for Tua losing the Heisman then?
    Dangit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation Second Team

I'm a young buck at 26, (favorite birthday was this year for 2&26 though&#128512 but I flip my Kenneth Darby jersey inside out if we are trailing at half now. So far I'm 2 for 2.

BamaNation All-American

When things start going really bad and I start thinking we might be in real trouble I put on a hoody and pull the hood over my head so I can barley see. It's never failed when I've done it including Saturday

You know, in 2008-2009, I led the charge that this Alabama team is good, they donít need superstition as we were shedding all the Gameday, headgear, SI JINX , etc superstitions. As we are getting later in this dynasty, I am reverting back to some small superstitions. I overthink plays. I TALKto the TV. This is from my days of going to games and talking to the fans around us and watching games on TV with friends and family . Even while Iím alone , I still holler and yell to the point my family( all girls ) leave during Bama games. And while yelling, I once made a mistake and said letís go defense while the offense was on the field. We turned the ball over on the next play. Now I think during games that I canít call out the wrong unit while they are playing. I get so wrapped up in this that I flirt with disaster by thinking about the wrong unit in my head. Kinda like moving a hurt finger or arm even though you know not to , just to feel the pain. Sure enough, something bad happens now just by thinking about the wrong unit. Itís magnified by the fact Iím temporarily in a wheelchair and canít burn off nervous energy. But thatís a superstition and a struggle I go through during games. God I need a psychiatrist!
    to 16 and beyond........

BamaNation First Team Bamafan in BGKY's Avatar

Guys. I want to give Jalen some props but really. Really the reason we won that game was because midway through the 3rd quarter. I went and changed into my 2009 national championship T-shirt that I bought from the Rose Bowl and the Bama hat that I wore during the undefeated season. The one my dog chewed up but is still wearable. Maybe.
    RTR. Youíre welcome

BamaNation All-SEC

Funny. I wore the wrong shirt Saturday. I thought to myself as I put it on, we will probably struggle in this game now. But I'll admit my usual superstitions and nuisances had largely become laughable memories my kids tease me with. I mean, Bama's been boat racing teams this year, right? So why be nervous enough to run around the house one full lap if our team lost momentum? Why wear a new Bama shirt every year and break it in on A-Day to assure its capability to acquire victory mojo? Well lesson learned, after three quarters of causing Bama to struggle I went and located the correct attire and sho nuff, Boom Bama wins. I know there are thousands of people depending on me to get it right. The stress can be, well, enough to make me crazy. But I will not let you people down again, I just had this one bad game.
    Beat Everyone!

Southern Adirondack mountains of upstate NY

I think i carried jalen down the field for that last touchdown....never have i been so into a game. of course my bama socks and underwear helped me carry that load. you are welcome............rolll tide

BamaNation First Team

I turned off the game and watched Bugs Bunny cartoons for about 15 mins.. Jalen was coming in when I tuned back!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame CHATTBRIT's Avatar

I wear my Alabama/Game of Thrones T-Shirt -- not lost in it yet (was wearing a different Bama shirt for the Iron Bowl last year). "The Tide is Coming. House Alabama"
    Manchester City 2017-2018 English Premier League Champions & Carabou Cup Winners
    My basset hound, Henry. 10-14-1998 - 04-09-2012
    Remembering Victor Ellis #9
    I would rather burn an American flag to protect the Constitution than burn the Constitution to protect the American flag

BamaNation Second Team

You are all normal compared to me, lol. This is for only tightly-contested games:
    I move from spot to spot while watching the game depending on that spot's mojo. If it's going well, I stay there. If things aren't going well, I move to a spot till something good happens till something bad happens and repeat. I've stood behind the couch watching a game.

As for drinks, cup with logo has to face the television and the cup can never get below half-full.

As for clothes, if things are going poorly, and thankfully, that's seldom, I'll change shirts for better luck till I wear one that's bringing good luck.

The above always works. You're welcome Coach Saban and Alabama nation.

At games, I'm totally normal.

Part 1: I usually never wear ANY Alabama gear on gameday. Then, this year my Sister sent me a black Alabama t-shirt. I've worn it all year long.

Part 2: During Thanksgiving I bought a shirt at the Alabama Bookstore on the Strip. At the counter they were giving out I <heart> Rammer Jammer stickers. I was going to an Iron Bowl watch party so I grabbed a handful. At half of that game we put on the stickers and boom!- mojo turned. Suffice it to say we put on those stickers at half of the GA game....
    "Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy"- Benjamin Franklin

BamaNation Hall of Fame Al A Bama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mulletover View Post
    Funny. I wore the wrong shirt Saturday. I thought to myself as I put it on, we will probably struggle in this game now. But I'll admit my usual superstitions and nuisances had largely become laughable memories my kids tease me with. I mean, Bama's been boat racing teams this year, right? So why be nervous enough to run around the house one full lap if our team lost momentum? Why wear a new Bama shirt every year and break it in on A-Day to assure its capability to acquire victory mojo? Well lesson learned, after three quarters of causing Bama to struggle I went and located the correct attire and sho nuff, Boom Bama wins. I know there are thousands of people depending on me to get it right. The stress can be, well, enough to make me crazy. But I will not let you people down again, I just had this one bad game.
    No! I think there are MILLIONS of people depending on YOU to get it RIGHT!
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

BamaNation Hall of Fame Al A Bama's Avatar

After reading many of the posts, I think many of US need to be placed in Bryce Hospital. However, I think they closed that facility to EXPAND the U of A.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry