How your superstition helped win the game

Rolltidewill92

BamaNation Citizen
Feb 11, 2018
I'm a young buck at 26, (favorite birthday was this year for 2&26 though😀) but I flip my Kenneth Darby jersey inside out if we are trailing at half now. So far I'm 2 for 2.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
When things start going really bad and I start thinking we might be in real trouble I put on a hoody and pull the hood over my head so I can barley see. It's never failed when I've done it including Saturday

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
You know, in 2008-2009, I led the charge that this Alabama team is good, they don’t need superstition as we were shedding all the Gameday, headgear, SI JINX , etc superstitions. As we are getting later in this dynasty, I am reverting back to some small superstitions. I overthink plays. I TALKto the TV. This is from my days of going to games and talking to the fans around us and watching games on TV with friends and family . Even while I’m alone , I still holler and yell to the point my family( all girls ) leave during Bama games. And while yelling, I once made a mistake and said let’s go defense while the offense was on the field. We turned the ball over on the next play. Now I think during games that I can’t call out the wrong unit while they are playing. I get so wrapped up in this that I flirt with disaster by thinking about the wrong unit in my head. Kinda like moving a hurt finger or arm even though you know not to , just to feel the pain. Sure enough, something bad happens now just by thinking about the wrong unit. It’s magnified by the fact I’m temporarily in a wheelchair and can’t burn off nervous energy. But that’s a superstition and a struggle I go through during games. God I need a psychiatrist!

Bamafan in BGKY

3rd Team
Jan 1, 2005
Bowling Green, Ky
Guys. I want to give Jalen some props but really. Really the reason we won that game was because midway through the 3rd quarter. I went and changed into my 2009 national championship T-shirt that I bought from the Rose Bowl and the Bama hat that I wore during the undefeated season. The one my dog chewed up but is still wearable. Maybe.
RTR. You’re welcome

mulletover

All-SEC
Dec 1, 2009
Cullman Alabama
Funny. I wore the wrong shirt Saturday. I thought to myself as I put it on, we will probably struggle in this game now. But I'll admit my usual superstitions and nuisances had largely become laughable memories my kids tease me with. I mean, Bama's been boat racing teams this year, right? So why be nervous enough to run around the house one full lap if our team lost momentum? Why wear a new Bama shirt every year and break it in on A-Day to assure its capability to acquire victory mojo? Well lesson learned, after three quarters of causing Bama to struggle I went and located the correct attire and sho nuff, Boom Bama wins. I know there are thousands of people depending on me to get it right. The stress can be, well, enough to make me crazy. But I will not let you people down again, I just had this one bad game.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
I wear my Alabama/Game of Thrones T-Shirt -- not lost in it yet (was wearing a different Bama shirt for the Iron Bowl last year). "The Tide is Coming. House Alabama"

saturdaysarebet

3rd Team
Jul 26, 2018
You are all normal compared to me, lol. This is for only tightly-contested games:
I move from spot to spot while watching the game depending on that spot's mojo. If it's going well, I stay there. If things aren't going well, I move to a spot till something good happens till something bad happens and repeat. I've stood behind the couch watching a game.

As for drinks, cup with logo has to face the television and the cup can never get below half-full.

As for clothes, if things are going poorly, and thankfully, that's seldom, I'll change shirts for better luck till I wear one that's bringing good luck.

The above always works. You're welcome Coach Saban and Alabama nation.

At games, I'm totally normal.

bilbo

Pro Sports Moderator
Oct 13, 1999
Gulf Shores, AL
Part 1: I usually never wear ANY Alabama gear on gameday. Then, this year my Sister sent me a black Alabama t-shirt. I've worn it all year long.

Part 2: During Thanksgiving I bought a shirt at the Alabama Bookstore on the Strip. At the counter they were giving out I <heart> Rammer Jammer stickers. I was going to an Iron Bowl watch party so I grabbed a handful. At half of that game we put on the stickers and boom!- mojo turned. Suffice it to say we put on those stickers at half of the GA game....

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Funny. I wore the wrong shirt Saturday. I thought to myself as I put it on, we will probably struggle in this game now. But I'll admit my usual superstitions and nuisances had largely become laughable memories my kids tease me with. I mean, Bama's been boat racing teams this year, right? So why be nervous enough to run around the house one full lap if our team lost momentum? Why wear a new Bama shirt every year and break it in on A-Day to assure its capability to acquire victory mojo? Well lesson learned, after three quarters of causing Bama to struggle I went and located the correct attire and sho nuff, Boom Bama wins. I know there are thousands of people depending on me to get it right. The stress can be, well, enough to make me crazy. But I will not let you people down again, I just had this one bad game.
No! I think there are MILLIONS of people depending on YOU to get it RIGHT!

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
After reading many of the posts, I think many of US need to be placed in Bryce Hospital. However, I think they closed that facility to EXPAND the U of A.

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
I stopped watching. It is weird, as there have been several times in the past where I missed comebacks because I felt the team did better if I didn't WATCH the game (getting updates instead on ESPN's site and such).

I don't always do that - I watched last year's National CG all the way through. Seemed to work this time though.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I stopped watching. It is weird, as there have been several times in the past where I missed comebacks because I felt the team did better if I didn't WATCH the game (getting updates instead on ESPN's site and such).

I don't always do that - I watched last year's National CG all the way through. Seemed to work this time though.
I am not stupersticious but we lose every time I don't drink coffee in my Bama coffee mug on game day. Also, I had to turn Eli off because he was giving me too much bad news in advance. It seems to have worked.

Titans&Tide

1st Team
Jul 22, 2000
Tuscaloosa, AL USA
www.kornegay.us
After the 2017 Iron Bowl Fiasco, I retired my aged houndstooth baseball cap in favor of a brand new crimson Nike ballcap. It is undefeated so far. However, it must be atop my head a minimum of one hour prior to kickoff. On Saturday, I put it on just prior to kickoff, hence the delay in it beginning to work. My apologies for causing such anguish, but you are all welcome for making sure we pulled it out at the end!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.