How your superstition helped win the game

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
I was thinking about making this thread since after the game last night. I know fans are a superstitious bunch. As I was walking out of the stands I saw these socks on the ground. Yes, it was a bit wet out yesterday, but I don't think people take off wet socks so they can just enjoy wet shoes. I think a superstitious fan said, "Dangit, my boys are gonna lose cause I'm wearing these sucks that usually help us win but have, tonight, lost their mojo."

My wife who is a religious Alabama shaker shaker, put down her shakers and quit shaking.

I'm even a little guilty. I've never told many of you, but I'm the reason for the kick six.....I know, I know. I'm glad you don't know where I live, otherwise.....

You see, in a moment of hubris I bought SEC championship tickets PRIOR to the iron bowl. And why not? That game was all but a guaranteed win. And then, we lost. All because I took for granted we'd win and pre purchased tickets. The football gods smote me mightily that day.

The shirts we wear or the things we do, hundreds or thousands of miles away from college kids who have never heard of us, much less met us, somehow influences the outcome of the game.

So here's to you superstitious Alabama fans! The REAL reason we win the big games! Tell us about what you do to help us win the day.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I never eat during a game. I have done it 4 times since 2008. Florida 2008, South Carolina 2010, L8U 2011 (the November game), and auburn 2017. I will never eat during a game again. Even if I am starving. I have a home and an away shirt. We were in the away jersey's so was I. I also posted this in the funnymaine thread, I usually wear a doo rag on my head. It was thrown across the room several times. The last time was on Tua's final injury. It went behind a large piece of furniture and is still there. It may just stay there.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Well, it's my fault. I put my jersey on for the second half last week and you see how that turned out. We ended up at a church function so I didn't wear my jersey. I'm glad you guys picked up my slack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I fight this in every close game. I felt the pull of my Alabama gear. I felt a real need to change shirts, hats - heck, even socks. But I didn't. Like Alabama, I had faith and stayed the course. I left on my gear. And Alabama pulled it out.

Lassr4Bama

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Hazel Green, AL
I move upstairs or downstairs to different TVs as the flow of the game changes. This time none of that was working so I ordered pizza and went and picked it up and listened to the game in the car. We scored 14 points during that time. I did get back in time to watch Georgia's last possession.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
I went in my bedroom to my chair to watch alone. We scored to make it 21-28 so I stayed. My nephew came in there to sit with me and we kept rolling!! We have Direct TV and my main "genie" is in the bedroom so it is about 30 seconds ahead so we went crazy at the end and everyone else had to wait! LOL!! All I can say is WOW what an ending!!

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
sometime when it was 28-21 right before tua went out, i was complaining to my wife that literally nothing was going our way in this game. my daughter grabbed my bama hat off of the kitchen table and brought it in saying, "here daddy, put this on, it will help them do better."

im pretty sure that was the deciding factor

Major42fan

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 3, 2008
I always wear the same BAMA shirt and underwear. Due to other obligations we haven't been able to watch the games live this year, we've watched them later on DVR not knowing the outcome. This time we were home watching it live. We were playing so poorly, at halftime my wife said we needed to pause it before plays, and then watch the recording seconds later. It worked!

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
I wear the same T-Shirt each game and my 6th grade daughter wears her jersey. Long story short, she had scholars bowl and arrived home after the 3rd qtr. she put her jersey on and the rest is history. lol

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
I was wearing my every week game t-shirt. A little after the start of the 3rd quarter, I remembered that I had put on my Bama sweatshirt during the NC game versus Georgia when we had our comeback. So, I went to that sweatshirt and, well, you all saw the result. Thank me later. My son also went from no hat to his Bama hat, so that may have played a part as well.

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
Was wearing a short sleeve t-shirt with “Crimson Tide Football” on it. At Half changed into a long sleeve National Championship (17) shirt. Quickly changed back to original t-shirt. Didn’t want to be responsible for a Bama loss. You’re welcome Bama Nation!!!

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I stopped posting in the 'Predict the Score' thread after L8U and MSU and we have played better since.....

well except last night.... but we still won so I will continue to not predict the score.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
Thanks for the thread. At halftime I realized that I had not put on a Bama shirt. I put one on at halftime and the game turned around. You’re welcome.

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
I felt the urge to turn to superstition so strongly last night, but I fought it off. Instead, I watched the entire game with the TV on mute, I couldn't take Gary. I sat there trying to convince myself that it's just a game and that my life won't be hurt if Bama loses. I'm still working on not taking loses so badly.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I felt the urge to turn to superstition so strongly last night, but I fought it off. Instead, I watched the entire game with the TV on mute, I couldn't take Gary. I sat there trying to convince myself that it's just a game and that my life won't be hurt if Bama loses. I'm still working on not taking loses so badly.
This was me. My wife was a lot more relaxed. I was ready to puke.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
I had my black out shirt from the 2008 game and I also wore that for the National championship game in January

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
When I'm not at the game(s) , I ALWAYS watch the game(s) in the media room. For some reason I was watching this game in the family room. With the score 14-28, I finally asked myself, "Self, WHY are you not in the media room!? Off to the media room. The first play I saw in there was Jacobs' 59 yard run. Three plays later the score is 21-28. Bottom line: Family room 14-28. Media room 21-0!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.