How your superstition helped win the game

irNate

1st Team
Nov 19, 2010
Snellville, GA
I wear the same outfit shirt to socks and shoes and everything in between.

Last year we had a bundt cake for my sons birthday during the iron bowl.... then we brought another bundt cake for the national championship game. I made a comment at halftime about the bundt cake and my mom set it on their back porch and the rest is history. So bundt cakes are not allowed anymore [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
I have a shirt that I wear pregame and than a different one during the game. Yesterday I forgot to switch at the start of the game. I realized my mistake at the half and changed shirts. We played much better in the second half and won. Sorry to cause all the stress. RTR

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I'm not actually superstitious, but my wife and I do have fun with it from time to time.

My wife accumulates little stuffed animals, and some small ones ended up lined up on an ugly couch we have. Well, we're trying to sell the couch, we took some pictures, so they had to go.

Right before Tua gets knocked out of the game, my wife declared that they need to be back there and got the box they were in so they could "watch". Well, Tua gets hurt and I declare that they have to be lined up like before so they can all see.

Hurts enters the game and the rest is history.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
So I normally pace the floor the entire second half of any game we are not blowing them out. I sat down on the couch at about the time Tua got hurt and Hurts came in. His first drive was outstanding and I wanted to get up and pace the floor but I was afraid I would hex them so I stayed on the couch and didn't move until the final Georgia pass was deflected out of the endzone. It was excruciating but I had to take one for the team.

FYI I almost threw up when I realized we had to kick an extra point to tie the game.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
I wore a brand new shirt yesterday to my buddies watch party. Luckily, Ol’Faithful was with me and I changed shirts in the 2nd Q. When we FINALLY scored to cut it to 28-21. I left the pool cabana area and went inside to grab a beer. Stayed inside as we got a stop. Rest of the game on offense I watched outside and made the 100 yard sprint into the house for defense. I ran out right before the Hail Mary and was told “Get your butt back inside.”

Besides winning, the positive was:

I got in my 10,000 steps yesterday! I also realized don’t buy a new shirt the night before a big game!

JD95

All-American
Oct 18, 1999
Birmingham, AL
Wore my lucky underwear. Stopped at Outback at Chapel Hill Road in Douglasville GA for lucky pre-game steak lunch. And guaranteed our next win in Atlanta by stopping at Cracker Barrel in Douglasville for lucky post-game breakfast-for-dinner!

Snake 4 Bama

Scout Team
Jan 1, 2013
I turned down an invite to a watch party. I did not want any distractions. I forgot to put my Bama hat on until the forth quarter and it seemed to help. I felt like I played in the game this morning.

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
I changed to the shirt I wore during the iron bowl after the last UGA TD. Sorry for the slow response under adversity. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I also didn’t sit down the entire fourth quarter.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Well, I'm usually banished to my office to watch games, and I have this old crimson ALABAMA tee shirt I wear. I don't know how old it is, but it's old. I have my tv clicker arranged in a certain way, and I have a special knock if we need a big play. I also don't eat during games. I have eaten one time during games, and that was Ole Miss two years ago. I was watching the game on the road, and we were down 24-3. They had pizza, so I said, what the hell, not eating isn't working. I had some pizza and we came back and won 48-43.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
I stayed the course with my usual lucky Bama t-shirt. It has served me and the team well all season, being quite instrumental in helping Bama win. I thought about changing it when we went 3 and out to open the second half, but I had faith the shirt would prevail. I kept it on, and I'm glad I did. I believe it was my lucky t-shirt that caused Kirby to run the 4th and 11 play at mid-field. There was just something about how the shirt was tugging at my gut just prior to the play. But it may have been all the BBQ chicken and potato salad I had eaten. Signs like that are rather subtle and hard to read.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I wore my 20 to 25 year old long sleeve white Alabama Crimson Tide T-shirt that has holes in the sleeves. That long sleeved T-shirt was 12 - 0 this season and to me was/is as good as the day I bought it. I've thought about INVESTING in a NEW one to help the American/Alabama ECONOMY, but why? Why waste money, since it is a winner? At halftime I thought about ripping that sucker off. At the end of the 3rd quarter, I was really ready to RIP it off and put on a hooded Alabama Crimson Tide Sweatshirt! But since that raggedy T-shirt was 12 - 0, there was NO WAY I was going to take a chance, so I kept it on. Now, it is 13 - 0 this season!

I did stand near the TV during the final 5 to 7 minutes serving as the 12th Man on DEFENSE. Well, I did serve as a 12th man on OFFENSE also, but the SEC Refs did not see me on OFFENSE or DEFENSE. I'll bet you didn't see my hand swat away that last pass with 03, 02, 01 seconds left! Or did you?

That long sleeved holy White with Crimson letters T-shirt will be going for 14 - 0 and hopefully 15 - 0 for the season. When we win the National Championship, you can THANK ME and that Holy T-Shirt! Now, let me describe that T-shirt. It's OLD. It's white with Crimson letters. Alabama on the front with that awesome Script A, the most beautiful A in God's alphabet, and Crimson Tide down the left sleeve. Now, if we do go 15 - 0, I could send it back to Tuscaloosa to be placed in the Coach Bryant Museum, but only if BamaNation sends me a new one like it that has about the same letters. You know the one with the Roll Tide down one of the sleeves. I'm actually not sure this shirt can last another year.

Tidetwin

All-American
May 15, 2006
Northeast Georgia
My son and my game day beer of choice is Omegang Three Philosophers. My wife and I were in Atlanta for a concert Friday night, and at dinner, i tried my first Scofflaw IPA and was bowled over. So I picked up a six pack of my new fave on Saturday morning and had one in my glass at kick-off. My son, a great respecter of the streak, dutifully drank his Omegang and kept the game close. Seeing the error of my ways, I poured my own and hoped for the best. The hop angels above were listening. I will never make that foolish mistake again.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.