Might We See a Slight Change in Recruiting Philosophy? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BamaNation All-American

Re: Might We See a Slight Change in Recruiting Philosophy?

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    Yes, it will be interesting. CNS's intagibles was the difference in this game, but Kirby's "plan" worked like perfection until the second half and I think he pulls it off without Jalen's amazing contribution in the fourth quarter.

I love how our offense looks with Tua with the spread elements, but under a more AJ, Fromm, Coker, Tyson type QB, I think we'd probably shift back a little more to what we used to do and Kirby is doing right now.

Ironically, it was our QB play that almost sunk us in this game. When Tua wasn't clicking we either couldn't/didn't pound with the run game and that's the concern with an offense that is built like '18 Bama.

Also, it'll be interesting to see how Kirby handles the Fields situation and to see how their offense might change with his skill set.
    Kirby's plan worked primarily because Tua was significantly injured on Bama's 3rd offensive play. Bama stoned UGA on their first possession. Bama dominated the last 27 minutes 21-0. UGA is good and they coached a good game but that game developed in an odd way and IMO, differently than what would typically happen. I would have looked forward to a rematch. IMO, CNS was being overly kind as usual with his post game comments.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American CoolBreeze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaInBham View Post
    Kirby's plan worked primarily because Tua was significantly injured on Bama's 3rd offensive play. Bama stoned UGA on their first possession. Bama dominated the last 27 minutes 21-0. UGA is good and they coached a good game but that game developed in an odd way and IMO, differently than what would typically happen. I would have looked forward to a rematch. IMO, CNS was being overly kind as usual with his post game comments.
    Agreed, except that I would not want to see a rematch. I suffered through that entire game. Besides, we will see them again there in about 358 days.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

BamaNation All-American CoolBreeze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jambama1 View Post
    No. We will go after the best Qb's regardless. Kirby played the Mullen script and just like Mullen couldn't win. I got news for everyone Mullen is a hell of a coach and will make Florida really really really good. IMO better than Kirby
    Wow, but you could be right on there. Dan quietly built a pretty good program at State. I just do not think he has the recruiting prowess that Kirby has and the he learned to emphasize from the master.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoolBreeze View Post
    Wow, but you could be right on there. Dan quietly built a pretty good program at State. I just do not think he has the recruiting prowess that Kirby has and the he learned to emphasize from the master.
    Mullen has the home state Florida advantage. I know GA is loaded also but if he can dominate the his home state which with FSU and Miami stuggles (not counting UCF and others) it is possible. he could bring some scary talent/teams to Gainseville and be a thorn in Kirby's side.

BamaNation All-American

I think our new philosophy is we've elected to kick ### in recruiting.