Might We See a Slight Change in Recruiting Philosophy?

MemphisBamaDude

1st Team
Nov 12, 2008
Memphis, TN
Just curious if we will tweet the players we recruit going forward. I know Coachade massive changes to account for the spread attack teams. And to be fair, those are the teams that we most likely will see in the playoffs. But Georgia ain’t going away anytime soon and if last night showed us anything, we don’t have the personnel to fully contain a ground and pound team. And yes, I know Fromm played out of his mind and that Q and Biggs were a little banged up but point blank, we got pushed around on the line of scrimmage. I wonder if Nick will recruit a couple of the big ole nasties he used to get back in the day. Maybe he already has a couple? Thoughts?

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
Also thinking about running backs as it appears we are more pass oriented. We have a lot of RB talent on this team that appeared under utilized. I realize there’s only one ball. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Seriously? You gave up 150 yards on the ground while also stopping a great passing game. No changes necessary.

MemphisBamaDude

1st Team
Nov 12, 2008
Memphis, TN
Seriously? You gave up 150 yards on the ground while also stopping a great passing game. No changes necessary.
Just asking if a few tweaks need to be made. 150 on the ground is much higher than our average and stopping a great passing game?? They’re not a great passing game at all and I wouldn’t classify what we did as stopping them. They average 227 and we allowed 300. That ain’t stopping.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I was at the game. first we out rushed them. Second Mack played a horrible game.
Yep. Mack has had a disappointing season but that means he will be back most likely. To the OP's question, our philosophy will not change since we are already doing this. If you did not notice, UGA was huge across the front and those RB's are really good.

MemphisBamaDude

1st Team
Nov 12, 2008
Memphis, TN
Yep. Mack has had a disappointing season but that means he will be back most likely. To the OP's question, our philosophy will not change since we are already doing this. If you did not notice, UGA was huge across the front and those RB's are really good.
Yes, I noticed. Let’s ease up on the snark. If you can’t ask a genuine question without getting attitude, what’s the point of being here? Not sure not changing a philosophy because “we are already doing it” is a reason not to make some adjustments. Coach has done it before. Yes, their o-line is huge and will mostly be back. So will Swift and prob Holyfield. You’re probably about the LBs coming back and hopefully having a better season. We seem to lose sight of RBs coming out of the backfield.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Yes, I noticed. Let’s ease up on the snark. If you can’t ask a genuine question without getting attitude, what’s the point of being here? Not sure not changing a philosophy because “we are already doing it” is a reason not to make some adjustments. Coach has done it before. Yes, their o-line is huge and will mostly be back. So will Swift and prob Holyfield. You’re probably about the LBs coming back and hopefully having a better season. We seem to lose sight of RBs coming out of the backfield.
I was not being snarky. Just letting you know we recruit two different style DL, ones that can hang with power teams like UGA, LSU, MSU etc. and ones that are a little smaller/faster and can run to the football like Ole Miss, A&M, OU, etc. Sometimes you can't totally stuff everybody you play and it is not due to the personel you have recruited. We are heavily recruiting big interior DL in this class but we always have (again not being snarky).

Chechem

Scout Team
Oct 6, 2018
Deep South
Mack Wilson had a foot injury before the season, and was hampered most of the season. It's not unusual for a LB to play injured, but we really didn't have much help behind him. Just glad he gutted it out.

Doubt he'll go pro, but sure he'll look at his options. He'd be a great returning player for 2019.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Mack Wilson had a foot injury before the season, and was hampered most of the season. It's not unusual for a LB to play injured, but we really didn't have much help behind him. Just glad he gutted it out.

Doubt he'll go pro, but sure he'll look at his options. He'd be a great returning player for 2019.
How many time we are going to blame it on his foot? At some point, we have to say that Mack is inconsistent with his game at times. For some reason, He is projected 1st round pick, no matter what we think.. If he goes... might be best for him and Alabama...

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
How many time we are going to blame it on his foot? At some point, we have to say that Mack is inconsistent with his game at times. For some reason, He is projected 1st round pick, no matter what we think.. If he goes... might be best for him and Alabama...
I suggest you try doing anything with an injured foot before you criticize this young man. Just walking with such an injury is difficult, never mind running, cutting, tackling. I don't know what level of injury Mack still has -- and neither do you -- but give him credit for doing his level best all the time. I don't think it's positive to single out a player for criticism. I'm not meaning to rag on you, but please have some consideration.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I suggest you try doing anything with an injured foot before you criticize this young man. Just walking with such an injury is difficult, never mind running, cutting, tackling. I don't know what level of injury Mack still has -- and neither do you -- but give him credit for doing his level best all the time. I don't think it's positive to single out a player for criticism. I'm not meaning to rag on you, but please have some consideration.
I am a distance runner and broke my foot a few years ago. Lateral movement was really painful for about a year after the break healed. I cannot imagine playing LB through that.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
He probably is ailing from his foot but some of it is lack of devotion to watching film. Our entire team will benefit from the time off especially the Wr core. Our ILB are about to get much needed reps behind Mack and Moses. This is when the coaches spend a lot of time with the younger guys developing them.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

Him playing bad has nothing to do with injuries, unfortunately.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

I can’t believe that either. GEORGIA has the biggest oline in the conference, if not the country. They are good at run blocking, but not as good at pass blocking. Athletic Dlines have given them problems at times. Georgia had problems with Florida and LSU’s Defensive lines at times in those games. The best way to handle them is get a lead and make them pass block.

Nick said post game the problem was execution. Players got confused by Georgia’s scheme. By extension they were confused on assignments. When you think on the field, the offense wins.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Just asking if a few tweaks need to be made. 150 on the ground is much higher than our average and stopping a great passing game?? They’re not a great passing game at all and I wouldn’t classify what we did as stopping them. They average 227 and we allowed 300. That ain’t stopping.
Flip side dawgs average 251 rushing per game NOW, after the SECCG, so Bama held them well below their average.
We did slow down their passing in the second half, but the first half was ugly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
How will coaches leaving for
other jobs affect the class so far?
Look for Battle
Also, People UGA is bama in 08-12 Run run run. UGA played a perfect game and we played a C game. UGA running had alot to do with Mack not being where he was suppose to be. You could see it clearly in the Stadium. UGA was the number 2 team in the nation imo. We took their A+ game and won. I think this was like the 12 season when we faced them. The next two games aren't the same.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Look for Battle
Also, People UGA is bama in 08-12 Run run run. UGA played a perfect game and we played a C game. UGA running had alot to do with Mack not being where he was suppose to be. You could see it clearly in the Stadium. UGA was the number 2 team in the nation imo. We took their A+ game and won. I think this was like the 12 season when we faced them. The next two games aren't the same.
I like MW as an athlete...but not so much as a complete player. For some reason he has real problems with recognition and execution. He can be sucked inside in a heart beat.

I am surprised that we have not played Jamey Mosley more...he is not quite the athlete, but he is in proper position more often than not.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.