Might We See a Slight Change in Recruiting Philosophy?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 31
  1. #1
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    540

    Might We See a Slight Change in Recruiting Philosophy?

    Just curious if we will tweet the players we recruit going forward. I know Coachade massive changes to account for the spread attack teams. And to be fair, those are the teams that we most likely will see in the playoffs. But Georgia ainít going away anytime soon and if last night showed us anything, we donít have the personnel to fully contain a ground and pound team. And yes, I know Fromm played out of his mind and that Q and Biggs were a little banged up but point blank, we got pushed around on the line of scrimmage. I wonder if Nick will recruit a couple of the big ole nasties he used to get back in the day. Maybe he already has a couple? Thoughts?
    ĎI canít really say that youíre going to come in here and start. Youíve got to come here and be ready to compete because the best man plays.í CNS

  2. Advertisement
  3. #2
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    6,310

    Re: Might We See a Slight Change in Recruiting Philosophy?

    Also thinking about running backs as it appears we are more pass oriented. We have a lot of RB talent on this team that appeared under utilized. I realize thereís only one ball.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #3
    BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    20,827

    Re: Might We See a Slight Change in Recruiting Philosophy?

    Seriously? You gave up 150 yards on the ground while also stopping a great passing game. No changes necessary.

  5. #4
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    540
    Thread Starter

    Re: Might We See a Slight Change in Recruiting Philosophy?

    Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Seriously? You gave up 150 yards on the ground while also stopping a great passing game. No changes necessary.
    Just asking if a few tweaks need to be made. 150 on the ground is much higher than our average and stopping a great passing game?? Theyíre not a great passing game at all and I wouldnít classify what we did as stopping them. They average 227 and we allowed 300. That ainít stopping.

  6. #5
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tuscaloosa
    Posts
    2,006

    Re: Might We See a Slight Change in Recruiting Philosophy?

    I was at the game. first we out rushed them. Second Mack played a horrible game.

  7. #6
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Inverness, AL
    Posts
    8,285

    Re: Might We See a Slight Change in Recruiting Philosophy?

    Quote Originally Posted by jambama1 View Post
    I was at the game. first we out rushed them. Second Mack played a horrible game.
    Yep. Mack has had a disappointing season but that means he will be back most likely. To the OP's question, our philosophy will not change since we are already doing this. If you did not notice, UGA was huge across the front and those RB's are really good.

  8. #7
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    540
    Thread Starter

    Re: Might We See a Slight Change in Recruiting Philosophy?

    Quote Originally Posted by TiderJack View Post
    Yep. Mack has had a disappointing season but that means he will be back most likely. To the OP's question, our philosophy will not change since we are already doing this. If you did not notice, UGA was huge across the front and those RB's are really good.
    Yes, I noticed. Letís ease up on the snark. If you canít ask a genuine question without getting attitude, whatís the point of being here? Not sure not changing a philosophy because ďwe are already doing itĒ is a reason not to make some adjustments. Coach has done it before. Yes, their o-line is huge and will mostly be back. So will Swift and prob Holyfield. Youíre probably about the LBs coming back and hopefully having a better season. We seem to lose sight of RBs coming out of the backfield.

  9. #8
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Inverness, AL
    Posts
    8,285

    Re: Might We See a Slight Change in Recruiting Philosophy?

    Quote Originally Posted by MemphisBamaDude View Post
    Yes, I noticed. Let’s ease up on the snark. If you can’t ask a genuine question without getting attitude, what’s the point of being here? Not sure not changing a philosophy because “we are already doing it” is a reason not to make some adjustments. Coach has done it before. Yes, their o-line is huge and will mostly be back. So will Swift and prob Holyfield. You’re probably about the LBs coming back and hopefully having a better season. We seem to lose sight of RBs coming out of the backfield.
    I was not being snarky. Just letting you know we recruit two different style DL, ones that can hang with power teams like UGA, LSU, MSU etc. and ones that are a little smaller/faster and can run to the football like Ole Miss, A&M, OU, etc. Sometimes you can't totally stuff everybody you play and it is not due to the personel you have recruited. We are heavily recruiting big interior DL in this class but we always have (again not being snarky).

  10. #9
    BamaNation Second Team Chechem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Deep South
    Posts
    142

    Re: Might We See a Slight Change in Recruiting Philosophy?

    Mack Wilson had a foot injury before the season, and was hampered most of the season. It's not unusual for a LB to play injured, but we really didn't have much help behind him. Just glad he gutted it out.

    Doubt he'll go pro, but sure he'll look at his options. He'd be a great returning player for 2019.

  11. #10
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    10,464

    Re: Might We See a Slight Change in Recruiting Philosophy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chechem View Post
    Mack Wilson had a foot injury before the season, and was hampered most of the season. It's not unusual for a LB to play injured, but we really didn't have much help behind him. Just glad he gutted it out.

    Doubt he'll go pro, but sure he'll look at his options. He'd be a great returning player for 2019.
    How many time we are going to blame it on his foot? At some point, we have to say that Mack is inconsistent with his game at times. For some reason, He is projected 1st round pick, no matter what we think.. If he goes... might be best for him and Alabama...
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

  12. #11
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CHATTBRIT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    TenerC
    Posts
    5,258

    Re: Might We See a Slight Change in Recruiting Philosophy?

    Quote Originally Posted by JustNeedMe81 View Post
    How many time we are going to blame it on his foot? At some point, we have to say that Mack is inconsistent with his game at times. For some reason, He is projected 1st round pick, no matter what we think.. If he goes... might be best for him and Alabama...
    I suggest you try doing anything with an injured foot before you criticize this young man. Just walking with such an injury is difficult, never mind running, cutting, tackling. I don't know what level of injury Mack still has -- and neither do you -- but give him credit for doing his level best all the time. I don't think it's positive to single out a player for criticism. I'm not meaning to rag on you, but please have some consideration.
    Manchester City 2017-2018 English Premier League Champions & Carabou Cup Winners
    My basset hound, Henry. 10-14-1998 - 04-09-2012
    Remembering Victor Ellis #9
    I would rather burn an American flag to protect the Constitution than burn the Constitution to protect the American flag

  13. #12
    BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    20,827

    Re: Might We See a Slight Change in Recruiting Philosophy?

    Quote Originally Posted by CHATTBRIT View Post
    I suggest you try doing anything with an injured foot before you criticize this young man. Just walking with such an injury is difficult, never mind running, cutting, tackling. I don't know what level of injury Mack still has -- and neither do you -- but give him credit for doing his level best all the time. I don't think it's positive to single out a player for criticism. I'm not meaning to rag on you, but please have some consideration.
    I am a distance runner and broke my foot a few years ago. Lateral movement was really painful for about a year after the break healed. I cannot imagine playing LB through that.

  14. #13
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tuscaloosa
    Posts
    2,006

    Re: Might We See a Slight Change in Recruiting Philosophy?

    He probably is ailing from his foot but some of it is lack of devotion to watching film. Our entire team will benefit from the time off especially the Wr core. Our ILB are about to get much needed reps behind Mack and Moses. This is when the coaches spend a lot of time with the younger guys developing them.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 

[CLICK] GET BAMA Calendar

TideFansStore.com: Get YOUR gear!