Deonte Brown Injury?

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I hope he can rest the turf toe for a few weeks and play in the Semi's. It would be harder for him to play in the Championship game that next week though if his toe bothers him. He seems to last about 1-2 quarters. He is what makes our run game better, in my opinion. Who is the backup for Lester Cotton? Maybe that guy can get some reps behind Cotton in case he is needed.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Turf toe is no joke. It’s really about the big bones at the arch of the foot. A month will certainly help, but he really needs a full off-season.

And you’re right...the OL isn’t the same without him.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I wonder if there's some sort of high powered, exotic treatment for turf toe other than rest, anti-inflammatories and ice? If there is, I'm sure we'd have it!

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I hope he can rest the turf toe for a few weeks and play in the Semi's. It would be harder for him to play in the Championship game that next week though if his toe bothers him. He seems to last about 1-2 quarters. He is what makes our run game better, in my opinion. Who is the backup for Lester Cotton? Maybe that guy can get some reps behind Cotton in case he is needed.
Deonte should be back for the semi-final but obviously it could flare up at anytime. I mentioned in a previous thread that Womack could slide inside and play guard but not sure they will do this.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
You know, I really do hate it, but Cotton is just not the guy, apparently, when you're trying to establish the run. It's hard for me to imagine that we have no one else who's at least an acceptable pass blocker but a road grader in the run game. If we do, then I would hope that the staff would commit to working whomever that might be with the 1's.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
turf toe takes months not weeks to heal. He will be playing injured in the playoffs, but at the time he came out we needed pass blocking and Cotton is actually a better pass blocker.
I REALLY hope that`s accurate. One reason is because I hope we can line up and run the ball down OU`s throats and play keep away.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.