Would we have won if Tua had not had his ankle stepped on?

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I don't know. I don't think anyone can truly know. They had Tua's number, and he was injured. I do think Tua was pulling out of his slump, after the TD to Waddle. But with the injuries he had sustained, it's not a guarantee that he was going to be able to pull us all the way back. I believed in him, and still do, don't get me wrong. I'm just saying in hindsight, he was hurting and that had obviously affected his ability in everything he would normally do. Normally, he would have had more mobility but that was gone after that first series.

As for Jalen, let me say this. All year long I've watched him come into the games after our opponent had been destroyed. And I've seen improvement from last year but again, the opposition had been demoralized by that point. Saturday, when he entered, we were in a world of trouble. To say it was a pressure packed situation would be a massive understatement. And not only did Jalen bring us back, but he did it with his arm and his legs. That was a different QB from the end of last season. That was a QB that could win a national championship. Suffice it to say, in the back of my mind I had questioned whether that was true but not any longer.

He is a legend now. I don't agree with retiring numbers, though. If we're not going to retire #2 after David Palmer or Derrick Henry, then we can't retire it now. I hope they do something though.
As for opponents being destroyed by the time Jalen came in during the year:
Dropping dimes is dropping dimes, whether a defender is draped over the receiver or no one’s within 10 yards of him (Jalen missed some of those last year).
As long as he has time, it’s on the QB to put the ball on the money; Jalen struggled doing that last year, at times; not so much this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.