Tua to have procedure for high ankle sprain

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Saban said "scope", but I don't think that there is an arthroscopic procedure for high ankle sprains. My guess it the tightrope procedure. Google it.
Dr waldrop begins with arthroscopy to clean up anything that needs it then moves on if need be.

My guess is Tua can be back to full practice in 2 weeks, as tolerated, but won't be limited by the surgery itself.

By 4 weeks post surgery he should be mostly healed.

Bama takes on OU in 4 weeks.

cmmiller711

All-American
Nov 24, 2006
Birmingham, AL
Maybe, but if he wants to win the CFP, it is stupid.
he will have every resource available to him. he still has a shot to win the heisman. he can't not go. besides the article i read said they dont start PT till after 2 weeks. I'm assuming thats a longer amount of time than tua will take based on what jalen did, but theres a good shot he'll just be on crutches and wont be doing PT till after.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I understand that but if you had a once in a lifetime chance to win the most prestigious individual award in team sports, and all you had to do was PT in your hotel room... you wouldnt go?
Nope - I would stay at school and rehab. Besides, let's not pretend that he won't be the front runner for all of these awards again next year.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
This is simply not true. Not even close
Have you looked at the video on the procedure? Have you looked at Jalen's recovery? Have you any experience in injury recovery? It's one thing to disagree...but give your reasons. Mine are based on years of injury recovery with athletes as well as watching JH recover this year.

I don't know what's bugging you -- other than OSU not getting in the CFP-- but you sure have been confrontational this afternoon...not normal procedure for you.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Has it been confirmed that he is having the same procedure as Jalen?
Have you looked at the video on the procedure? Have you looked at Jalen's recovery? Have you any experience in injury recovery? It's one thing to disagree...but give your reasons. Mine are based on years of injury recovery with athletes as well as watching JH recover this year.

I don't know what's bugging you -- other than OSU not getting in the CFP-- but you sure have been confrontational this afternoon...not normal procedure for you.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I haven't been confrontational. Let's not make this personal.

The recovery from this procedure is based on the severity of the injury, not the procedure itself. When Jalen was injured, he couldn't walk. Tua was able to walk around in the 4th quarter and during the post-game celebrations. So it is clear that Tua's injury was not as severe. From that we can conclude that Tua's recovery time will be faster.

Jalen was able to play effectively in 4 weeks. That is my reasoning.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.