Poll: Clemson vs. Notre Dame ...Who ya got?

Clemson vs. Notre Dame

• Clemson

Votes: 102 85.7%
  • Notre Dame

Votes: 17 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
I definitely think Clemson will win, but I have a feeling this will be a tougher game for them than some think. Clemson's defense is very talented, but inconsistent. If ND can hold off their pass rush well enough, Book can have some success against that secondary and maybe make a game of it.

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
I think Clemson wins in one of those "out-last the other team" type of games. Scoring might be high, 43-something to 30-something, but I think Clemson wins it because of their experience on this stage. This is their 4th straight appearance in the college football playoffs. Every man on that team has been here before, with the exception of the true freshmen. Notre Dame, on the other hand, is having to play at a neutral site, against a team with so much more experience. Clemson wins it, and we get Bama-Clemson IV.

Those two programs are just many steps ahead of everyone else.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Clemson is the more talented team. But I have this weird feeling they might blow this game. That said, I'd still pick them to win.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I would like to remind everyone that in 2015, Notre Dame went to Clemson and nearly beat them, losing 24-22 in a rain storm. That Notre Dame team probably wasn't as good as this one, and that Clemson team had DeShaun Watson.

This is not a forgone conclusion game, by any stretch. I rarely do this, but I am pulling for Notre Dame. Mainly because we still owe them, and also because I'm just tired of playing Clemson.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I would like to remind everyone that in 2015, Notre Dame went to Clemson and nearly beat them, losing 24-22 in a rain storm. That Notre Dame team probably wasn't as good as this one, and that Clemson team had DeShaun Watson.

This is not a forgone conclusion game, by any stretch. I rarely do this, but I am pulling for Notre Dame. Mainly because we still owe them, and also because I'm just tired of playing Clemson.
Ditto! Great post!

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama

Clemson plays to their competition at times. This will not be one of those times. They will not sleepwalk through this game.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I remember that game well. ND continued to pass the ball in a game in which no one could see or hold onto the ball. Their OC (at the time) is a personal friend, and he told me that he called the worst game of his life in that game.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I do not think that Clemson is as good as the media believes them to be, but Notre Dame is the weakest team in the CFP. I will be pulling for a 10 OT game.
Gotta quote this. Would be perfect if they just wear each other out!

ND is an improved team (over what we remember from 2012) but in the end I don't think they have the athletes Clemson has.

Clemson pulls away in the second half and wins by 17ish.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I remember that game well. ND continued to pass the ball in a game in which no one could see or hold onto the ball. Their OC (at the time) is a personal friend, and he told me that he called the worst game of his life in that game.
Absent the rain, they likely beat Clemson that night. Watson didn't have a particularly good game. Kizer, Notre Dame's QB, have over 300 yards passing despite the rain. I remember now, hearing the criticism over all the passing.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Notre Dame can beat them ... just depends if they show up with their A game.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I just have a feeling that this will be a lot close then many think. ND can ABSOLUTELY beat Clemson. Clemson has played probably the worst 12 teams to make it into the CFP since it began. I think they are as overrated as anyone. They looked awful against USCe. If they play like that ND will beat them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I’m going to say Notre Dame wins. For whatever reason Notre Dame gets John Cena strength when they have to win. I think Dabo and the tigers have been teetering just as much as ND towards losses, but I think Clemson gets caught looking ahead.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I’m going to say Notre Dame wins. For whatever reason Notre Dame gets John Cena strength when they have to win. I think Dabo and the tigers have been teetering just as much as ND towards losses, but I think Clemson gets caught looking ahead.
I’m not sure they’ll win but I’ll take them with the points. Ian Book has played well for them, especially the later part of the season.
Clemson’s secondary will get exposed - again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.