Poll: Clemson vs. Notre Dame ...Who ya got?

Clemson vs. Notre Dame

• Clemson

Votes: 102 85.7%
  • Notre Dame

Votes: 17 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I don't think Clemson is that good, but their QB play saved them, IMO. ND, is not the best nor the worst team.... so I think this game will be a struggle for both team early on... but I'm hoping ND pulls out upset... Need a new face in the final.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I don't think Clemson is that good, but their QB play saved them, IMO. ND, is not the best nor the worst team.... so I think this game will be a struggle for both team early on... but I'm hoping ND pulls out upset... Need a new face in the final.
I reallly don't want to play Clemson again but I think that's what we are headed for assuming we beat OU.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Be nice if they had to play somebody along the way...Their Conference Championship and 1st round games aren't exactly gut checks...That's OK. We'll beat whomever they put in front of us. RTR!!!
I reallly don't want to play Clemson again but I think that's what we are headed for assuming we beat OU.

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017
I'd like to see Clemson spank ND for no other reason than they got in the Playoff without having to play for a Conference Championship. That doesn't sit right with me.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
If Ian Book plays well and their OL protects him I think ND wins by 10-14 points. But if that Clemson DL gets loose on Book, it'll be a blowout in Clemsons favor by 3-4 TD's.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
I think ND will keep it close for a while. It could be a one score game late in the 3rd QTR. Just when we begin to think, “ND can win this,” Clemson will slam the door with three straight touchdowns.

Clemson wins, 38-14

bamapuppy

1st Team
Mar 28, 2008
Hillsborough, NC
This should have been the ACC title game, sense Notre Dame is playing a glorified ACC schedule. But, I believe that Clempson is the more complete team of the two. Clempson should win by a touchdown.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Anyone picking the Irish in this poll are obviously wishing out loud because the Domers do not have a snowballs chance against Dabo in this one. Way too much speed and athleticism - not to mention coaching superiority - for ND to even get a lead in this one. Clempson by 17 at least.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I wanted to believe ND's defense would be the moment that starting a true freshman quarterback would blow up in Clemson's face. I was hopeful after seeing several teams torch Clemson's secondary that Ian Book and their length at receiver would get their fair share. I just can't get over how slow Notre Dame looks on the field. Well coached, physical, but a little bit on the slow side as far as elite teams go. Usually when you have a speed delta, you lean in on your size and bludgeon the other team while shrinking the game. I don't know if ND can do that well enough against Clemson's DL to make it work. They might fluster Clemson's O a bit but there is just too much speed at the skill positions and quick twitch on the defensive front for Notre Dame to win.

Going with a closer than it looks 31-17 Clemson victory.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
ND has played no one close to Clemson's level this year. The team that struggled to beat Vandy, Ball State and USCw is already going to be in trouble and Dabo is the type to run up the score. I will lay the points.

Just a couple of points:

1) ND might not have played a team as good as Clemson, but Clemson didn't play anyone as good as ND, either.

2) ND had not settled on the new QB in the Vandy game, which was early (or Ball St, either).

3) USCw is a rivalry game, which might explain why it was Clemson's worst defensive performance of the year against a so-so offense (USCe)

I don't disagree with your conclusion, but the points deserve some scrutiny.

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I just have a feeling that this will be a lot close then many think. ND can ABSOLUTELY beat Clemson. Clemson has played probably the worst 12 teams to make it into the CFP since it began. I think they are as overrated as anyone. They looked awful against USCe. If they play like that ND will beat them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1) They played four of the same opponents.

2) Clemson SOS is 48, ND is 44 (Sagarin)

3) Clemson is not overrated, and Tide fans might be in for a surprise if they think so.

Clemson's defensive performance is on a par with 2012 Alabama. Seven of their opponents were in the top 50 in offense compared with 3 for Notre Dame. The Irish played a substantially better best defense (Michigan) than Clemson did (NC St).

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
I'm torn on this one - both in what I think will happen versus what I want to happen.

Part of me thinks that ND doesn't belong - simply in terms of overall quality - on the playoff and, so, Clemson might stomp them.

On the other hand, Clemson hasn't been tested against a quality team this season and could fold, at least a little, if ND is able to come out strong and punch them in the mouth - giving the Irish a chance to pull off the upset.

Part of me wants ND to pull out the win against Clemson so we can destroy them in the Championship.

On the other hand, an Irish win would justify their inclusion in the CFP this season and, potentially, in future seasons so part of me wants Clemson to go ahead and blow them out.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
1) They played four of the same opponents.

2) Clemson SOS is 48, ND is 44 (Sagarin)

3) Clemson is not overrated, and Tide fans might be in for a surprise if they think so.

Clemson's defensive performance is on a par with 2012 Alabama. Seven of their opponents were in the top 50 in offense compared with 3 for Notre Dame. The Irish played a substantially better best defense (Michigan) than Clemson did (NC St).
There is a reason Saban's coaches poll ballot has had Clemson #1 all season.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.