Poll: Clemson vs. Notre Dame ...Who ya got?

Clemson vs. Notre Dame

• Clemson

Votes: 102 85.7%
  • Notre Dame

Votes: 17 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
I'm going out on a limb here and going with ND to upset Clemson. At least that is what I am hoping for! haha!
Count me in on that. They have played a similar schedule. I would assume with a cursory look that the ranking of their opponents would be very similar. TAMU took Clemson to the final moments and it has been argued that A&M was robbed on a TD run. It is difficult to have respect for the ACC with the exception of Clemson. Will ND present a stiffer challenge than the pundits suggest?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I do not think that Clemson is as good as the media believes them to be, but Notre Dame is the weakest team in the CFP. I will be pulling for a 10 OT game.

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
I just don't think Notre Dame has the athletes to stay in this game. There isn't one area where they are bad, but I don't believe they can really compete against upper echelon competition, i.e., Alabama, Clemson, Oklahoma, Georgia and Ohio State. Yes, they beat Michigan earlier in the year, but I also think they were bit of paper tigers.

I personally didn't think Notre Dame deserved to be in the playoff because I just don't buy that they are one of the four best teams. I also don't think a team that plays their brand of football can legitimately compete over the course of potentially two games against the teams I mentioned previously.

Colin Cowherd had a pretty good discussion about this not long ago where he describes what he calls "southern teams" and "northern teams" and he doesn't believe a "northern team" can win a national title, and I tend to agree with him. The biggest difference the northern and southern teams is the quality of athletes that make-up the rosters. He considers Ohio St a southern style team given that they effectively recruit players in the south and those in the north that are elite. Teams like Wisconsin, Michigan St, Penn St, Stanford, and Notre Dame just don't have the athletes top to bottom. Michigan is trying to get there, but aren't yet.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I really have not watched Notre Dame this year (or any year really). I have no idea how this game will go. Judging what I know about Dabo and clempson, it should not be close. I am hoping for the upset.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
This Clemson team is only slightly better than last year's team but nowhere near as good as the Deshaun Watson teams.

ND is not as bad as some think and certainly more legitimate than the 2012 squad but they are most likely the least talented team in the CFP field.

Having said that I think Clemson is 2-3 TD's better than ND..... maybe more if the game gets away from ND.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Clemson by 5. ND is better than everyone is saying, and Clemson isn’t as good. ND to me played a tougher schedule and looking at Syracuse, who should have beaten Clemson, ND blew them away. Still, with the running attack I’m picking Clemson in a close one, but I’ll hope ND wins.
ND barely survived Pitt 19-14. Clemson completely owned Pitt. Clemson just has way more good athletes than ND.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I think something is going to give and Clemson blows it. One of the few!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.