If Georgia Doesn't Lose to L8U....

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
UCF isn’t a P5. G5 won’t sniff a championship in a system that is designed to eliminate the possibility of a G5 in a NC.
So, every P5 team with a 12-1 record is tied? Every 12-1 record by a P5 school is equal? I am calling bull on this one. You know better and you are pretending that you don't because it doesn't align with your agenda.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
So, every P5 team with a 12-1 record is tied? Every 12-1 record by a P5 school is equal? I am calling bull on this one. You know better and you are pretending that you don't because it doesn't align with your agenda.
2014 Ohio St had a lesser SOS by a mile than TCU, and a comparable one to Baylor. Tell me the true difference of the two.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
2014 Ohio St had a lesser SOS by a mile than TCU, and a comparable one to Baylor. Tell me the true difference of the two.
Forget some other year - talk about this year. If Georgia had beat LSU and there were 3 teams at 12-1, they would first examine those 12-1 schedules and results. One would stand out as significantly better. I wonder which. :conf3:

I'm not going round with you on this anymore. You know better.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Forget some other year - talk about this year. If Georgia had beat LSU and there were 3 teams at 12-1, they would first examine those 12-1 schedules and results. One would stand out as significantly better. I wonder which. :conf3:

I'm not going round with you on this anymore. You know better.
Agree to disagree. But I’m fairly confident that they wouldn’t A) have a direct rematch and 2) create a situation which calls for a playoff expansion.

Georgia in this scenario and in real life had their chance and deserves to be in the Sugar Bowl. In both 2016 and 2017 Ohio St and Alabama were the only options in a time in which other conferences eliminated themselves.

This has never been about finding the 4 BEST Teams. This has been about finding most DESERVING and eliminating the G5.

CoachInWaiting

3rd Team
Nov 27, 2017
Had they not lost to LSU the rankings going into Saturday would’ve looked like this.

1. UA
2 UGA
3. Clemson
4. ND
5. Oklahoma
6. TOSU

With Saturday’s result we know these rankings for sure

1. UA
2. Clemson
3. ND

UGA would still be in a tiebreaker with OU, and the top criteria point of the CFP is “conference champion”. It’s one reason I’ve never bought into Bama was in regardless.
If that was the ranking pre-SECCG, I think the committee would have merely flipped UGA and Clemson. No rematch in the semifinals, only in the final if both Alabama and UGA won their semi. As for UCF, if they could somehow manage to go 24-0 in a season by playing twice a week, it still wouldn't matter.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
....are they in the CFP? I think maybe they are. Staying that close to Alabama and losing in the fashion they did, I think it was the L8U loss that did them in. Without that loss, they may have entered the SECCG at #2 or #3, giving the committee the chance to drop them to #4. Hard to say, as a rematch of the last game that both teams played would be a bitter pill for many on the committee to swallow. Last year was tough enough for them, but at least the 2 teams from the same conference had not already played.
. They almost made it with a 20 point blowout loss , so I would say yes.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Had they not lost to LSU the rankings going into Saturday would’ve looked like this.

1. UA
2 UGA
3. Clemson
4. ND
5. Oklahoma
6. TOSU

With Saturday’s result we know these rankings for sure

1. UA
2. Clemson
3. ND

UGA would still be in a tiebreaker with OU, and the top criteria point of the CFP is “conference champion”. It’s one reason I’ve never bought into Bama was in regardless.
Georgia is unequivocally better than Oklahoma , so no tie breaker. That phrase , unequivocally better, is the key .

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
If y’all really want to buy into this “4 best teams” mantra then go ahead. I have 5 years that proves otherwise.
In your opinion. We just disagree.

Also, You can't "prove" anything unless you have someone who is in that room willing to publicly say that they made the decisions for reasons other than an effort to put in the 4 best teams.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
In your opinion. We just disagree.

Also, You can't "prove" anything unless you have someone who is in that room willing to publicly say that they made the decisions for reasons other than an effort to put in the 4 best teams.
Then where are the Bullfrauds now??? 5th going to the Sugar Bowl. This is and never has been about the 4 best teams. If that was the case ND wouldn’t be in right now.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think this year is the first year of the most deserving.
2015-18 have all the “most deserving”. 2014 is the only time they ever made a controversial decision and they thanked their lucky stars Ohio St won it because TCU totally dismantled Ole Miss a day before the Sugar Bowl.

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017
....are they in the CFP? I think maybe they are. Staying that close to Alabama and losing in the fashion they did, I think it was the L8U loss that did them in. Without that loss, they may have entered the SECCG at #2 or #3, giving the committee the chance to drop them to #4. Hard to say, as a rematch of the last game that both teams played would be a bitter pill for many on the committee to swallow. Last year was tough enough for them, but at least the 2 teams from the same conference had not already played.
I agree. The fact the committee placed them between OU and Tosu confirms they would have been placed in the Top 4. We're a different team than the one that played against LSU. I'd love another shot at the Tigers, because I think we'd win. But hey, I wear rose colored glasses.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Only question for me would Georgia (without the LSU loss) have been at 3 or 4.

I think to avoid a rematch in the semis they put ND at 4. We'd probably get a rematch with Georgia in the finals.

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017
Only question for me would Georgia (without the LSU loss) have been at 3 or 4.

I think to avoid a rematch in the semis they put ND at 4. We'd probably get a rematch with Georgia in the finals.
Agree, without the LSU loss they would have put UGA at #3 and ND at #4.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
If Tua doesn’t roll his ankle on the first offensive series, Georgia doesn’t even have a close SECCG loss to lean on.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.